Senaste nytt

Har du blivit uppgraderad på Nordic Choice Hotels?

guwonder

Medlem
Has anyone else noticed that if you book a same-day reservation and quickly get room numbers assigned prior to check-in then it’s less likely that there will be any noticeable upgrade delivered when checking in?

Could it be that the hotels are more eager to assign specific room (and room number) when the booked room type is in the lowest one or two categories at the properties and/or on the cheapest rates?

Unrelated to the above, two reservations:

Hotell: Clarion Sign
Nätter: 1
Bokat: Standard dubbel
Fick: Suite X01

Hotell: Clarion Sign
Fick: 10XX park view with separate bathtub and shower and double sinks in bathroom

Last edited:

guwonder

Medlem
Another datapoint from this month for a Gold companion put up in another hotel at the same time but just wanting to see how treatment would be at a different hotel.

Hotell: Hotel C (Stockholm)
Bokat: Compact Room (no windows)
Fick: (Silently) Refused to provide upgrade and made to wait while they waited for the booked room type to become available.

When asking for an upgrade as the hotel was selling all category of rooms still, was far from fully booked and housekeeping overwhelmingly finished, check-in agent spent a lot of time looking for a room and only reluctantly “upgraded” to a compact double or maybe moderate double with window, but picked one of the two or three closest rooms to Arlanda Express and right above the main entrance way so even whatever hits the awning can keep the guest entertained. (Room 107). Based on the app, the room assignment at initial check-in went from 332 to 209 to 107 before a key was issued for 107. Dealt with a different check-in agent and told them that the hotel seem opposed to upgrading and the hotel didn’t seem amenable to be asked for an available upgrade for a Gold, and it was quite clear that the agent deliberately picked a room to send an unwelcome message on top of making the guest wait so long while just about everyone who came in the hours between were allowed to check-in. For what it’s worth, as a Platinum I have had better treatment at the hotel but only on higher rates for rooms booked with windows. :D

Very bad look, Strawberry. Especially when having also allowed early check-in to lots of customers with lower or no Strawberry elite status just so the hotel can be more of a practitioner of “you are your rate this time” regardless of your elite status level. The guest who spends 800 SEK one night is the same guest who spends 3 times that for another night in the same neighborhood and 100 times that a year for hotel rooms in the city. Not business worth alienating, if you ask me. If the hotel wants to have a Comfort XPress or Sommerro approach to upgrades and be excluded, then they should have rebranded or otherwise got it in the terms and conditions for the membership; otherwise, do your duty and deliver as stipulated in the membership program.

It’s situations like this that make me hope even more that Strawberry put back the availability to see on the app what category room was actually assigned. I am curious if Strawberry even cares to keep track of this stuff with upgrade compliance for Platinums and Golds.

Pluttina

Ny medlem
Hotell: Vox Jönköping
Fick: Deluxe dubbel

Önskade badkar men fick inte det då det inte ingick i min rumskategori. Hade hoppats på att uppgraderas vid incheckning men tji fick vi

Tanken var först match jkpg men valde Vox i stället.

chek

Medlem
Fick: Deluxe dubbel

Önskade badkar men fick inte det då det inte ingick i min rumskategori. Hade hoppats på att uppgraderas vid incheckning men tji fick vi

Tanken var först match jkpg men valde Vox i stället.

Det gick bättre för mig :)

Fick: Balkongsvit (med badkar)

Another datapoint from this month for a Gold companion put up in another hotel at the same time but just wanting to see how treatment would be at a different hotel.

Hotell: Hotel C (Stockholm)
Bokat: Compact Room (no windows)
Fick: (Silently) Refused to provide upgrade and made to wait while they waited for the booked room type to become available.

When asking for an upgrade as the hotel was selling all category of rooms still, was far from fully booked and housekeeping overwhelmingly finished, check-in agent spent a lot of time looking for a room and only reluctantly “upgraded” to a compact double or maybe moderate double with window, but picked one of the two or three closest rooms to Arlanda Express and right above the main entrance way so even whatever hits the awning can keep the guest entertained. (Room 107). Based on the app, the room assignment at initial check-in went from 332 to 209 to 107 before a key was issued for 107. Dealt with a different check-in agent and told them that the hotel seem opposed to upgrading and the hotel didn’t seem amenable to be asked for an available upgrade for a Gold, and it was quite clear that the agent deliberately picked a room to send an unwelcome message on top of making the guest wait so long while just about everyone who came in the hours between were allowed to check-in. For what it’s worth, as a Platinum I have had better treatment at the hotel but only on higher rates for rooms booked with windows. :D

Very bad look, Strawberry. Especially when having also allowed early check-in to lots of customers with lower or no Strawberry elite status just so the hotel can be more of a practitioner of “you are your rate this time” regardless of your elite status level. The guest who spends 800 SEK one night is the same guest who spends 3 times that for another night in the same neighborhood and 100 times that a year for hotel rooms in the city. Not business worth alienating, if you ask me. If the hotel wants to have a Comfort XPress or Sommerro approach to upgrades and be excluded, then they should have rebranded or otherwise got it in the terms and conditions for the membership; otherwise, do your duty and deliver as stipulated in the membership program.

It’s situations like this that make me hope even more that Strawberry put back the availability to see on the app what category room was actually assigned. I am curious if Strawberry even cares to keep track of this stuff with upgrade compliance for Platinums and Golds.
Aviod Hotel C. Old rules.

mrestes

Medlem
Sadly, true.

C. 805 SEK nightly rate with a 125 SEK voucher plus other published applicable benefits of Strawberry status made it hard to resist to see how things go nowadays there. Unfortunately, Hotel C in Stockholm seems to have an attitude to Golds and Platinums that remind me of Comfort Malmo.
Brukar de hitta på någon förklaring till ingen uppgradering om man frågar varför? Undrar om fler skulle skriva till strawberrys kundtjänst och klaga om HQ skulle ta dem i örat och se till att de bättra sig.

Sadly, true.

C. 805 SEK nightly rate with a 125 SEK voucher plus other published applicable benefits of Strawberry status made it hard to resist to see how things go nowadays there. Unfortunately, Hotel C in Stockholm seems to have an attitude to Golds and Platinums that remind me of Comfort Malmo.
Correct, you have found the two hotels that schould leave Strawberry.

In Stockholm C, if im on a budget, there is not much as a Strawberry Platinum. Scandic Grand sometimes has good prices. I often insted stay at Quality Friends near Solna C, 10 min walk and 5 min train to the city. But I got family in that area so...

Toppen