Senaste nytt

Har du blivit uppgraderad på Nordic Choice Hotels?

guwonder

Medlem
The Visby hotel has actually been good to me with Platinum upgrades during the Nordic Choice Club days. But the very noticeable upgrades were on stays with durations of one or two nights each when upgraded to a bi-level suite at check-ins. Disappointed to hear if this hotel has become weaker about Platinum upgrades since before.

Have to put in details about two Villa Copenhagen stays this year, one for a Platinum account and one for a Gold account. The upgrades were to rooms with a pool view and it didn’t really seem like upgrades as that is basically within the normal range for even off-peak Amex FHR stays for the cheapest rooms — you know the rooms where it’s barely possible for a normal adult to walk around both sides of the beds without risk of touching the walls by accident and there is no bathtub in the bathroom — when booked by people with no Strawberry status. Maybe higher ceilings in the 2XX floor rooms count as an upgrade, but I would hope that alone isn’t sufficient for being categorized as upgrades for Platinums and Golds.

guwonder

Medlem
I know upgrades at Comfort Hotel XPress properties are not included as part of the upgrade benefits for NCC/Strawberry elites, but in practice are they really as miserly with upgrades for Platinums and Golds as the terms of the program suggest?

From the few data points I’ve seen for this quarter for Comfort XPress, it seems at best it’s “you get what you book” nowadays. And even within the booked category you should have expectations of maybe even the worse of the lot for the category booked.

Kaik

Medlem
I know upgrades at Comfort Hotel XPress properties are not included as part of the upgrade benefits for NCC/Strawberry elites, but in practice are they really as miserly with upgrades for Platinums and Golds as the terms of the program suggest?

From the few data points I’ve seen for this quarter for Comfort XPress, it seems at best it’s “you get what you book” nowadays. And even within the booked category you should have expectations of maybe even the worse of the lot for the category booked.

There is not much you can get upgraded to (at least in Stockholm), but I always got standard room when I booked compact rooms (ca 5 times)

guwonder

Medlem
There is not much you can get upgraded to (at least in Stockholm), but I always got standard room when I booked compact rooms (ca 5 times)
The Stockholm one has windowless single and windowless double rooms as its cheapest two category of rooms. The few data points I’ve gotten from this quarter at this Comfort XPress is that they typically keep the booked windowless room assignment in the windowless rooms. And the worst of the windowless rooms seem to be the windowless doubles closest to the elevator.

Did you do self-check-in or did you check in with reception when upgraded? The data points I got for this property were from windowless room stays with self check-in on the iPads/tablets.

Lollet

Medlem
Hotell: Yasuragi
Nätter: 1
Bokat: Standard dubbel
Fick: Junior Suite

Attachments

• 7C05BE69-E516-4DB4-B5D4-466140709F90.jpeg
    7C05BE69-E516-4DB4-B5D4-466140709F90.jpeg
    404,6 KB · Visningar: 63
Toppen