Senaste nytt

SAS app:en - Hur kan den bli ännu bättre?

massimo

Medlem
When I was reading a newspaper in the Entertainment section in fullscreen on my Samsung S21 I had a very hard time exiting the fullscreen (I desperately tried many different things to exit fullscreen mode and finally I made it, but I don't know exactly what I did). Would it be possible to make it easier to exit the fullscreen mode? Unfortunately, I don't have a booking within 22 hours so I can't access the Entertainment section (btw, shouldn't e.g. the food menu always be available?) so I can't reproduce it now.
HI, I have asked the QA team to test this scenario, as you said we might have usability issues on Android. Will check!

massimo

Medlem
Offline-mode. Cache things like travel data and boarding passes, so the app doesn't get crippled without internet.

Hi offline mode is there! But we had an issue in the last release with the boarding pass so it was disappearing
We just pushed a fix with 5.3 which is live in Android and iOS will come in a few days.

We are caching all critical part of the app:

- home
- digital card
- list of bookings
- booking details
- boarding pass(es)
and more ...

What we don't cache yet is seatmap as it might be outdated but I think we should as long as you know how old is the view.

We will do more testing, remove the error messages when is offline as it's disturbing, and add some time stamps on UI so you know how old is the data
Anyway if you see issues after you get update from 5.3, reach out!

massimo

Medlem
I may be stupid here. But which switch will turn off offer notifications? I don’t have an issue with the emails.
No, it's a fair question and it's very confusing, it's "Offers and News Email", the reason is that we are yet to have a dedicated flag for push on our CRM so at the moment they are using email.

massimo

Medlem
Some feedback to the development team @massimo, hoping you are still monitoring.

1. Better off-line handling
I was surprised (and slightly panicked) on feb 14 when all boarding passes disappeared from the app. I'm sure you are already looking into changes to mimimize effect of DDOS, but it is odd the app needs to be online with servers to show boardingpass. Yes, there is a "save as image" but if travellers need to do that for every boarding pass just in case, then what is the benefit of the app?

There are also other functions that are dependent on being online, like the aircraft details.

I appreciate the ambition to always show up-to-date data, but why not store the last know data in the app as backup? If the phone (or servers) are offline, then you can display a message like "Offline - last refreshed YYMMDD HH:MI"

It seems the app is so reliant on online data, it sometimes throws unhandled exceptions. Here is trying to get to aircraft info:
Visa bifogad bild 139514

This is a perfect example of where you should just display last cached data. In this case I knew I had seen the data before, but when I went to take another look at it was gone.

2. Take a new look at the UX for boarding passes on multi segment journeys.
During a journey, the location in the app where I can access my boarding passes change. I understand this is meant to make things easier, moving the boarding pass to the front page of app when trip is "active". But it confuses me as the pass isn't always accesible in the "my trips" section.
I also understand this is more of a problem for advanced users, but

Examples:
A) My active trip has 3 segments and all have boarding passes. When the trip is deemed active, the first boardingpass is on first page and I can swipe left to see pass #2 and #3. That's OK.

However, after take-off (or some other time, not sure exactly when) the first pass is marked "unavailble" and data disappears. This segment still is deemed active, so this is what is shown on the first screen. I am not sure where I can find it again at that point. After the trip I can find it by navigating "My trips" - "Recently flown" - "Travellers" and click on the box icon. But it is still very much interesting to be abe to see it more easily.

B) Now I've finished segment #1 and hurry to board segment #2. The app still shows segment #1 on the first page, and I need to swipe to find the right boardingpass. It is confusing, because the first thought is "where the f did my boarding pass go?!", not "AHA, I need to swipe to find it".
I understand many do this mistake and try to baord segment# with pass #1 and that this is why you started to mark it "Unavailable" and delete it. But couldn't the app detect that segment #2 is "active" and start displaying that pass?
I understand it can be difficult to set the perfect moment when to deem segment #2 is "active", but please try instead of just displaying segmetn#1 all the time with pass deleted.

C) when a trip is deemed active, the boarding pass no longer is available from "Manage my trip". I think it should always be accessible from here, even when the pass is highlighted on the first page as part of an active trip.
One reason for that is concistency: If you are looking for a thing it is very good to know it can always be found in a certain location, like a home for it. It is especially odd when you actually go to "Manage my trip" to check in, and then the pass sometimes is there and sometimes is not.
Example, when you are on a multi segment trip and you want to make sure you are checked in and ready on all segments and the app decided to treat some segments as not part of the active trip.

3. Grouping of "trips" in "Your trips"
Under the "upcoming trips", trips are not always labled with the destination. Not sure when and why, but it is also confusing.
Example:
I have a oneway trip from LHR to HEL, via ARN. There is a short layover, so the onwards flight is next morning. It is then displayed as LHR-ARN. If I click into it, it then shows both segments, so lable and content doesn't match.
I think you should display the full journey in the list (eg LHR-HEL) even when different segments have different dates. Again, I see the difficulty to decide which trips to keep as one unit and which to break up, but maybe use the common layover - stopover defintion. If it is less than 24 hours between segments, it is one "trip" and you should keep the segments together in one unit. If it is more that 24 h, then break the journey into multiple "trips".

As long as you don't mix the two - Don't display "LHR-ARN" when clicking it leads to a trip that is LHR-ARN-HEL.

Hi, thanks for the feedback, it's all spot on.
I am trying to answer.
Boarding pass, we designed it in a way where the boarding pass shall always be cached and accessible until 24 hours after arrival, accessible from manage my booking and from the icon on each of the passenger elements in my trips. We know that 5.2 introduced an issue with the boarding pass not showing after schedule time of departure which we fixed already and pushed to 5.3 which will reach you tomorrow or the day after. On top of that, we also introduced the "wallet" under "more" which lists all your locally stored device boarding passes.
Selecting the correct boarding pass I think it's a bug as this is how it was originally designed, I remember having tested this, so I will check and reproduce it and fix it.
Regarding the aircraft screen, I will check what we cache there, I think the error you got there is not related to the cache but some parsing issue, but I agree it is good info to have handy offline.

When it comes to breaking down the bounds, it's more complicated than someone might think, but I agree it's not optimal. So let me get back to you about what it can be done, there are so many use cases to consider.

Speaking of access quickly boarding passes, we had this idea that we never implemented, but we could, a floating button on the home screen with access to the active boarding pass only visible if you have any.

(concept sketch, Stockholm coastline isn't as cool as in the picture!) :)

Attachments

• Snip20230302_7.png
    Snip20230302_7.png
    600,9 KB · Visningar: 100

massimo

Medlem
Question:
We are planning to add an inbox from the profile screen that logs all the push notifications we are sending to you so you can go back after they disappear.
Sketch (ignore icons and content).

We might also add sms and email in the future.

Interested?
Comments?

Attachments

• Snip20230302_9.png
    Snip20230302_9.png
    353,4 KB · Visningar: 96

massimo

Medlem
Close question:

Would you guys buy insurance from us for travel and medical or you are covered by your company, private insurance, or credit cards?

If the booking flow will force you through a step to ask whether you would like the insurance or not, will you be annoyed?

zippan

Medlem
Question:
We are planning to add an inbox from the profile screen that logs all the push notifications we are sending to you so you can go back after they disappear.
Sketch (ignore icons and content).

We might also add sms and email in the future.

Interested?
Comments?
I like it. No need for text or email, if it's saved in the app.

Close question:

If the booking flow will force you through a step to ask whether you would like the insurance or not, will you be annoyed?
Very much so. Don't do it please.

FilipJ

Medlem
Close question:

Would you guys buy insurance from us for travel and medical or you are covered by your company, private insurance, or credit cards?

I think it's a fair assumption that most people on this forum is covered by one or several insurances mentioned at the same time. For the sake of the company it's probably a good service to sell, but try and not add it as an extra step. I get the "krupp" when booking with Lufthansa for example, and they try to sell several different services additionally when I've already chosen fare.

Last edited:
Toppen