Senaste nytt

Nordic Choice Hotels blir Strawberry

ekf

Medlem
Saknar en ”bokning” för ett rum i en bokning gjort som två rum, men där appen och hemsidan tidigare visat det som två olika… Hoppas att det extra rummet inte är avbokat…

Leachim

Medlem
Fler som har problem med att se sina bokningar i appen/hemsidan? Såg mina två bokningar igår, nu har jag inga bokningar enl appen/hemsidan. Ska bo inatt och 4-5/12 på Comfort Arlanda, troligen bara teknikstrul men blev trots allt lite nervös.
Det har hänt mig flera gånger att vissa bokningar inte syns i appen eller på Min sida, och de går inte heller att söka fram med bokningsnumret. Det har både gällt bokningar för bonuspoäng och vanliga bokningar. Men bokningarna har alltid funnits i systemet och det har inte varit något fel – jag brukar mejla och fråga för säkerhets skull, men det verkar som det går att lita på att bokningar som det kommit en bekräftelse på via mejl gäller.
Kundtjänsten har kommenterat att det är så ibland i deras system...

Här är ett perspektiv på prissättning för awardnätter från en Choice Privileges användare.

”On May 22, 2023 Nordic Choice Hotels became Strawberry Hotels. Nordic Choice had a separate loyalty program from Choice Privileges, yet CP points could be used to reserve rooms at any NC hotel. With the name change came speculation that this arrangement would quickly end and some of the most lucrative points redemptions in the world would disappear. I love Scandinavia, and frankly hoarded my CP points specifically to use them there. Well, much to everyones surprise, CP points redemptions went on at Strawberry Hotels just as they had before. Same great value per point. Generally, free breakfast included and some properties, even a light dinner buffet. I have routinely monitored the opportunities these many months and this evening I’m very sad to announce a major devaluation has occured. Below you will see two hotels in Sweden. The Clarion Sign Hotel in Stockholm, where rooms up to a suite could be had for 10K CP points per night and the Clarion Collection Hotel Temperance with rooms for only 8K CP points. As you can see, the devaluation is devastating. 60% - 100% more points per night. The cash prices have not risen at all. I guess we knew it was coming, but it still hurts. This move has effectively cut the value of my CP stash in half, the way I view it. For newbies, don’t be discouraged. Even with this major hit, there is still good value to be found here. It’s just not nearly as good. Quietly enter my screenshot lounge where we’re having a candlelight vigil and bring tissues.”

e47be03b51efb532004d44e075de4fcf.jpg

5f817d102dd0f91d05ddfe5992d4b8ae.jpg

• Gilla
Reactions: hco

guwonder

Medlem
Not a good thing for me, as perhaps one of the biggest redeemers of Choice Privileges points in the Nordics — with an especially crazy number of award room nights booked at those particular hotels in Stockholm and Malmo — but it was just a matter of time until inflation catches up eventually and eats away my great returns on points. I guess At Six will see me a lot more on award nights. Will be interesting for me to find out what happens with reimbursement amounts Choice pays Strawberry for award nights at these hotels.

It was over 7 years ago that both Clarion Sign and Clarion Hotel Temperance had generally blocked off their top category rooms from being booked using Choice Privilege points, so the mention of booking the suites or top category room at these two properties was stale info. I think I was perhaps even responsible for why these room types got noted for blocking generally when they started doing it since my award reservations always went for the top category accommodation at each of them as soon as the 100 day booking window opened.

The cash price for Hotel Temperance back when I first started using 8k points there was often between 600-1200 SEK/night. As of the last year that Malmo property has been more like 800-2100 SEK/night and often more akin to 1200 SEK/night. And Clarion Sign also has much higher average nightly rates in SEK this year than several years ago.

What is crazy is that Comfort Helsingborg is now as expensive using CP points as Clarion Sign.

Last edited:
  • Gilla
Not a good thing for me, as perhaps one of the biggest redeemers of Choice Privileges points in the Nordics — with an especially crazy number of award room nights booked at those particular hotels in Stockholm and Malmo
This makes me very curious on the actual numbers here :) please share an estimate if you are comfortable. Solely to satisfy my curiosity.

guwonder

Medlem
This makes me very curious on the actual numbers here :) please share an estimate if you are comfortable. Solely to satisfy my curiosity.

A peek into a bit of it. Just for Clarion Hotel Temperance in Malmo, it’s to be measured in three digit number of award room nights over the years. [Unfortunately, the easy way of buying large quantities of Choice Privileges points for CP accounts by cancelling points+cash stays became history a few years ago, otherwise it would have been more nights even at this property.] I have had more award room nights at some other Nordic Choice/Strawberry properties than this one. Most of my stays at Nordic Choice/Strawberry hotels are award nights, and unfortunately one day this award night gravy train will end with additional devaluations of CP or a break-up between Choice and Strawberry.

• Gilla

FilipJ

Medlem
Var kan man se vilket brytdatum man har för sitt medlemsskap? För visst är det individuellt och inte kalenderår?
Börjar vittra platinum, vilket vore trevligt…

Edit: hittade i appen på ”poänghistorik”. Har tydligen maj ut att skramla ihop 35000 poäng, måste ju vara görbart. :)

Toppen