Senaste nytt

Nordic Choice Hotels blir Strawberry

guwonder

Medlem
In the hotel programs — and also in some airline programs — in which I have had guaranteed space access, when facing a sold out situation and using such access guarantee it’s typically been at quite the premium price to what I’ve sometimes later managed to pull off at an otherwise lower price (if penalty-free cancellation was still available) for the same service.

When they are willing to book me in during a sold-out or over-sold situation, it’s possibly going to cost the company to potentially displace someone else and thus they may demand more than what I see charged at peak times when the place is busy but not sold out.

But I will say that over the past 20+ years of booking hotels in Sweden, it seems like there is a much bigger range of prices at given properties than there used to be. Hotels have gotten more sophisticated in financially milking consumers when things are really busy, and the Choice/Strawberry hotels are part of the industry in doing so nowadays.

valln

Medlem
Övernattade på Scandic continental p.g.a. tågförsening.
Nog tycker jag Clarion sign Norra bantorget är betydligt bättre, - är i och för sig jätteimponerad av jordgubben.

Vad säger ni som bott på båda hotellen??

guwonder

Medlem
Övernattade på Scandic continental p.g.a. tågförsening.
Nog tycker jag Clarion sign Norra bantorget är betydligt bättre, - är i och för sig jätteimponerad av jordgubben.

Vad säger ni som bott på båda hotellen??

I am probably a little biased given how well Clarion Sign has been treating me, but I choose the now older Clarion Sign over the newer (since it replaced the torn down) Scandic Continental since there is nothing Scandic Continental has offered me that is better than what Clarion Sign has given me as a benefit of status in NCC/Strawberry. What Scandic Continental has going for it is that it tends to have lower regular rates, is newer and maybe it has more rooms with a sofa and/of fixed bedding for four people.

guwonder

Medlem
Visst är det så att man får 20 procent extrapoäng om man bokar via internet?
Var står det på hemsidan?
The online booking bonus is gone, or at least I haven’t seen it in a while.

For bookings on the Strawberry app, I see 1 Strawberry point per SEK charged by the hotel. So an 805 SEK charge means 805 points plus the elite status bonus, and nothing more. Even when 12% or whatever is the VAT in that 805 SEK charge, it’s 805 points plus the elite status bonus.

hco

Medlem
Visst är det så att man får 20 procent extrapoäng om man bokar via internet?
Var står det på hemsidan?
Ja. Vet inte var det står dock.

Senast förra veckan:
926 p (själva hotellet)
277 p (30% platinum)
185p (20% online)

Jag har aldrig haft en betald bokning där jag inte fått motsvarande de tre poängposterna ovan.
The online booking bonus is gone, or at least I haven’t seen it in a while.
Weird? I always get it.

guwonder

Medlem
Weird that I haven’t gotten it for bookings made on the Strawberry app.

The 20% bonus points for booking on strawberry.se is mentioned here:

Is that 20% online booking bonus on strawberry.se only for Strawberry Mastercard holders/users? And does that bonus not apply to regular paid bookings made on the Strawberry app?

Weird that I haven’t seen the 20% online bonus during the Strawberry period. I don’t have the Strawberry MasterCard and I book the regular paid rates at the hotels only on the app.

• Gilla
Reactions: hco

hco

Medlem
Weird that I haven’t gotten it for bookings made on the Strawberry app.

The 20% bonus points for booking on strawberry.se is mentioned here:

Is that 20% online booking bonus on strawberry.se only for Strawberry Mastercard holders/users? And does that bonus not apply to regular paid bookings made on the Strawberry app?

Weird that I haven’t seen the 20% online bonus during the Strawberry period. I don’t have the Strawberry MasterCard and I book the regular paid rates at the hotels only on the app.
I do have the Strawberry MC, but I don't think it's connected to the online bonus?

I never book through the app, only the website.

Toppen