Senaste nytt

Vietnam til Copperbelt i nordlige Zambia med 4 flyselskaber

pep

Medlem
PG staff poured white and red into my glasses repeatedly and relentlessly until I got drunk....how could I refuse?
Publiceret paa SKYTRAX. God tur, men frygteligt nederlag, at skulle rode med bagage i Bangkok...

1. Bangkok Airways Economy 7/10

Da Nang – Bangkok 11 Sept. on an A319. Flight on time. No luggage problem, had paid a hefty 40 $ tag for extra 5 kilos as I know they can be strict. Rigid luggage allowance of 20 kg. If additional kgs are purchase beforehand it is 8 USD/kg, which easily supersedes the value of an additional ticket. Wonder the price if purchased at check-in? Must be a fortune despite the distance is short, only 90 min. Check-in online is impossible and depraving a lot of time for nothing as it is impossible for any international flight. Why is this no announced instead of wasting peoples time with dozens of information boxes to be filled on approximately 15 screen windows? Shame on the airline, this misleading scam has going on for at least 10 years. FFP useless. Partnership with Qatar Airways (my connecting flight) did not even allow for luggage transfer in Bangkok. Very annoying, meaning wasting 2 hours passing immigration, check-in with QR and back to airside through immigration and security. Very disappointing, exhausting, tedious, and inconvenient like on a LCC like their competitor on this route: VietjetAir. Lounge access not granted and all frills from me being QR gold FFP were ignored (lounge, luggage, etc.). So, the partnership is a joke, cant even work with luggage. Onboard, I immediately felt the good atmosphere. FAs were in a splendid mood, well rested and service minded throughout. Special Sea Food meal ordered delivered to perfection (red snapper). Ordinary hot meals were also good, given out as courtesy to those wanting. I tried a chicken pasta which was truly delicious. Plenty of food onboard, despite small portions. Plenty of drinks offered frequently with a good flow and usually given more than one unit of each. Wines were unusually good quality and I managed to get quite tipsy, which was appreciated. Coffee and tea completely undrinkable and subpar. Cheap fares, truly get a feeling of luxury onboard. Paid 114 USD for a 1-way ticket was a find!

2. Qatar Airways Economy 8/10
Flew Bangkok-Doha 11 Sept. 2022 on the flagship of the skies, the A380. Check-In smooth. Lounge in Bangkok downgraded to become the 3rd party Miracle Lounge, which at a first glance appear nice but de facto is fairly useless and sterile. No bar, no soft chairs, outdoor area closed off, food is lousy, no music, no wines, no personal service nor attention. Boarding smooth and from jetbridge. Onboard, got an excellent, priority seat on upper deck which rendered a premium feeling. Got a lot of attentions from FAs who recognised my gold-card status, treated me with respect, pleasure, provided options and recommendations on food and drinks, and went beyond their mandate to please me. I brought own wine-glasses to avoid drinking from plastic mugs – this is the faith of travelling economy. Wines and food was good. Its much better to depart early evenings more than after midnight as you are served proper dinner. Good IFE. Annoying safety video with Barcelona footballers has now gone on for 5 years without being replenished. Eternal charity calls on Educate a Child is completely inappropriate indecent disrespect. Departure delayed 1 hour due to heavy downpour in Bangkok, causing ½ hours late arrival, which is acceptable. Luggage well-handled and arrived to final destination with their partner airline, Rwandair, without any issues. Lounge in Doha, Silverlounge, was acceptable, due to attentive staff and tarmac view. Ticket were not that expensive.

3. Rwandair 7/10
Flew DOH-KGL-LUN 10-11 Sept. 2022 on two different B737 versions. This, in conjunction with QR from Bangkok. QR is new partner of Rwandair and it functions despite some hiccups on ticketing, pricing, FFP. Partnership with Qatar Airways is incomplete and unclear: e.g. issued tickets are only partly compatible and manageable on both airlines. Granted lounge access in Doha after a short discussion and some photocopying. Both flights on time. Very noisy aircrafts, very limited IFE. Food very good, as always. Special meal delivered to perfection. Additional meals were offered and I tested them as also being good, and well cooked. FA’s are very friendly and caring, all stunning elegant, more than 6 feet tall, well rested, humorous, and confident. Transfer in Kigali smooth, was granted access to Pearl lounge after a short discussion (not clear whether a QR gold card gives you access as most QR-frills do not apply for their partners like smaller, non-OneWorld airlines). Luggage: no issues. Flights on time. IFE poor but present. Manage to change FFP from Qatars’ Priv. Club to Rwandairs’ Dream-Miles at the gate in Doha to maximise earnings on both programs. The airlines’ frequent flyer programs are reciprocal only within limitations, thus I had to split the Mileage earnings to 2 programs according to sectors.

4. Zambia Airways 6/10
Flew Lusaka to Ndola via Solwezi 11 Sept. 22 on an old De Havilland Dash 8 propeller aircraft. The airline has been revoked by financial infusion from Ethiopian and appear to be very reliable according to statistics and my experience. Zambia Airways fleet comprise of 2 aircrafts: a Boeing B737-800 and this Dash-8. Flight on time. Luggage generous, but no space for hand-luggage, it has to go as inscribed (except my laptop). Nice staff, water served ad libitum which was welcomed on a hot day. Noisy, but cosy. Luggage no issues. Price cheaper than the private competitor Proflight Zambia which only provides a meager 15 kg luggage allowance. Homepage excellent, fast and friendly. Recommended.

Last edited:

Mr Basic

Medlem
Interesting review. Next time, if possible, try to split rating into ”on ground” and ”in the air”. When reading your review about Bangkok Airways it doesn’t feel like 7/10 as a total experience. :)

• Gilla
Reactions: pep

pep

Medlem
Et ben mere:

5. Rwandair Economy 8/10

Lusaka to Kigali 12 October 2022. Few days before departure I contacted the airline’s office in Lusaka as the flight appeared not to be to sold anymore and hardly could be full. They answered back within 1 hour and gave detailed confirmed, entire itinerary (incl. coming flights). Check-in counters opened pleasantly early, 3½ hour prior departure, so no queues or waiting time. The man at counter advised on seating and showed me configuration and options on his computer. We selected the best options, though I was later further upgraded onboard to have the most spacious seat in economy. Security, health documentation, immigration took less than 10 Minutes. Their partnership with Qatar rendered me access to Pearl lounge in the terminal. There was some discussion whether I was qualified, but in 5 Minutes after some photocopying, they let me in. The lounge is 3rd party, and acceptable with Wi-fi, hot foods, wines and cold beers. Onboard, my preordered special meal though I had to remind them, and it took some time to avail it. Drinks and customer care onboard was very pleasant, nothing was too much, but it took a lot of time as the FAs discussed and recommended drinks to almost every passenger. IFE was only a flight monitor, but the music channels offered a lot. Had to use own headphones. No WiFi. Noisy aircraft, this old B737-800, but is was well maintained. Good announcements from pilots. Flight on time, we arrived 15 Minutes earlier than scheduled. Luggage arrived before I even passed immigration. DreamMiles to their FFP was given me after just 1 day after landing. Recommended.

Toppen