Senaste nytt

Världens största flygplats byggs i Beijing

M.K

Medlem
Häftig design på "sjöstjärnan" som är smeknamnet på den nya storflygplatsen de invigde igår.

airport.PNG

Martin B

Medlem
I länken nedan lite mer info samt en jämförelse mellan PEK och PKX vad gäller transport till och från flygplatsen.

What you need to know about Beijing’s shiny new airport - Inkstone

1. How easy is it to get to Daxing?
It’s far from town: about 35 miles from Beijing’s city center or triple the distance from JFK or LaGuardia Airport to Times Square in New York. Capital airport is only half the distance to town.

You will probably need to budget extra commuting time Daxing, compared to Capital, but not as much as you might expect.

By car, it will take a little more than an hour to get to Daxing. That’s 20 minutes more compared to Capital.

Both airports have express trains that will take you to and from the city in 20 to 30 minutes. But the Daxing airport express station, Caoqiao, is further away from the city center than the shuttle servicing Capital airport.

Alternatively, you can also take the equally fast high-speed rail. The West Beijing railway station is fairly close to central areas.

2. Will it take more time if I use Daxing?
Getting to and from the new airport costs more because of its distance from town. But cheaper ticket prices could compensate.

That longer taxi ride will cost you about $25 if you’re traveling to or from the center of Beijing, which is $8 more than Capital. The airport express shuttle servicing Daxing costs $5, more than the $3.5 to or from Capital.

Tickets to China’s popular inland tourist destinations, such as the cities of Chengdu in the southwest and Urumqi in the far west, are cheaper from Daxing, while Capital still has better rates and wider choices for most international routes.

But that could change as more non-Chinese airlines pivot to the new airport. British Airways will move to Daxing in late October.

3. I heard Daxing is uber swanky.
The star-shaped airport is the world’s largest. It has invested heavily in automation to speed up your trip inside the terminal, which could make up for time spent getting there or from there to your destination.

There are facial recognition cameras for faster and paperless check-in, an automated system that will speed up security checks and an automated valet system if you’re driving.

The new highway outside the terminal is said to be built with snow-melting concrete, making winter roads less hazardous.

Toppen