Senaste nytt

United Polaris Lounge på Chicago Ohare

guwonder

Medlem
Teoretiskt ja, finns inget i sig med Polaris om gör att du får access till en terminal. Men vad folk i security säger är alltid lotteri.

By government policy and in practice, a valid boarding pass for a flight departing from any terminal at ORD on the particular date shown on the boarding pass is acceptable to go through TSA security at whichever ORD terminals the passenger named on the boarding pass chooses to use on the date indicated on the boarding pass.

And the boarding pass can be used repeatedly on the same day to clear ORD security screening checkpoints repeatedly without any problem from the TSA as long as the checkpoint is open for any passenger screening.

If the TSA ID checkers tell someone they are in the wrong terminal, I would just say there is an airside shuttle bus option or mention visiting a lounge or restaurant. Personally, I haven’t had TSA ID checkers even mention my being in the “wrong” terminal at any point in the last two years since TSA ID checkers at ORD shifted to using ID scans to electronically pull up passenger records instead of being as reliant upon scanning boarding passes handed over to them.

Some airlines or the airport have contractors that control access to the premium passenger security screening lines at ORD. If avoiding those “first/business/premium passenger” type lines, then there is even less chance of anyone saying anything about being in the “wrong terminal”.

guwonder

Medlem
Någon som vet om Polaris fortfarande kräver fysiskt boardingkort för access? Eller räcker det med digitalt boardingkort i SAS-appen? Anländer airside T1 med UA nästa vecka och det vore skönt att slippa gå landside för att fixa boardingkort.

The regular United lounges at ORD accept SAS digital boarding passes. Not sure about Polaris in that regard,

There is a UA customer service area airside pretty close to the entrance of the Polaris lounge. Not sure that they can print SAS boarding passes unless the SAS flight is on the same ticketed itinerary as a UA flight; but if needing a paper boarding pass or international travel docs check, I would consider a visit to that UA service area to see if they can do anything. Also, even if wanting to get a printed SAS boarding pass at ORD, it sometimes is necessary for me to wait until SAS check-in counters at T5 get staffed. And nowadays the SAS check-in is staffed for fewer hours than when SAS used to have two destinations a day from ORD.

Capa

Medlem
The regular United lounges at ORD accept SAS digital boarding passes. Not sure about Polaris in that regard,

There is a UA customer service area airside pretty close to the entrance of the Polaris lounge. Not sure that they can print SAS boarding passes unless the SAS flight is on the same ticketed itinerary as a UA flight; but if needing a paper boarding pass or international travel docs check, I would consider a visit to that UA service area to see if they can do anything. Also, even if wanting to get a printed SAS boarding pass at ORD, it sometimes is necessary for me to wait until SAS check-in counters at T5 get staffed. And nowadays the SAS check-in is staffed for fewer hours than when SAS used to have two destinations a day from ORD.
Im actually at ORD right now and departing from T1 tomorrow with UA so I could stop by Polaris and ask just to be sure. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

mha321

Medlem
Någon som vet om Polaris fortfarande kräver fysiskt boardingkort för access? Eller räcker det med digitalt boardingkort i SAS-appen? Anländer airside T1 med UA nästa vecka och det vore skönt att slippa gå landside för att fixa boardingkort.
Jag har aldrig varit med om att de krävt fysiskt kort. Har alltid funkat med sas digitala. Senast denna vecka.

mha321

Medlem
By government policy and in practice, a valid boarding pass for a flight departing from any terminal at ORD on the particular date shown on the boarding pass is acceptable to go through TSA security at whichever ORD terminals the passenger named on the boarding pass chooses to use on the date indicated on the boarding pass.

And the boarding pass can be used repeatedly on the same day to clear ORD security screening checkpoints repeatedly without any problem from the TSA as long as the checkpoint is open for any passenger screening.

If the TSA ID checkers tell someone they are in the wrong terminal, I would just say there is an airside shuttle bus option or mention visiting a lounge or restaurant. Personally, I haven’t had TSA ID checkers even mention my being in the “wrong” terminal at any point in the last two years since TSA ID checkers at ORD shifted to using ID scans to electronically pull up passenger records instead of being as reliant upon scanning boarding passes handed over to them.

Some airlines or the airport have contractors that control access to the premium passenger security screening lines at ORD. If avoiding those “first/business/premium passenger” type lines, then there is even less chance of anyone saying anything about being in the “wrong terminal”.
The TSA id checkers at ORD (at least) haven't even looked at my boarding pass the recent times I've been through, and specifically tell people they only want the passport. This has been true at least since the second half of last year.

If anyone turns you away it'll be the united service staff at the entrance to the gold track.... Which I've never had happen at united premier in ORD (I've had it happen in EWR, but it was a long time ago now). And I've had a colleague who got turned away at the regular (non premium) security at ORD but that was now over a year ago.

guwonder

Medlem
The TSA id checkers at ORD (at least) haven't even looked at my boarding pass the recent times I've been through, and specifically tell people they only want the passport. This has been true at least since the second half of last year.

If anyone turns you away it'll be the united service staff at the entrance to the gold track.... Which I've never had happen at united premier in ORD (I've had it happen in EWR, but it was a long time ago now). And I've had a colleague who got turned away at the regular (non premium) security at ORD but that was now over a year ago.

Curious about why the colleague got turned away and who turned the colleague away at ORD. Could it have been related to the colleague’s PreCheck status, the Precheck lines, or checkpoint hours of operation? That I have seen sometimes be an issue with regular security at ORD and then it can mean being redirected by the contractors or the TSA’s ID checkers to another screening checkpoint in the same terminal.

The TSA at ORD used to sometimes fuss over my giving them other ID than my passports and driver’s license since they just wanted the ID to scan to pull up my status for screening, but I have always insisted they stick to the standard operating procedure manuals in accepting whatever ID they are required to accept from me or I would just go to another ORD screening checkpoint and go through without issue unless it was PreCheck-related. In some of those cases, I was having to give them both my ID and my boarding pass even after they would announce “ID/passports only” to those of us in line. It’s less of an issue in the last two years than it used to be, so now I just hand over ID to the TSA at ORD as long as I have gotten checked in and gotten a boarding pass on my phone or a printed one.

Capa

Medlem
Just talked to the staff at Polaris, no problem with digital boarding pass.

I need to check the bag all the way through from ATL to ARN through, that Will be the issue in my case. We’ll see if the UA ground staff at ATL can fix that, I assume SAS doesnt have a service desk at ATL? I remember reading somewhere on the United website that they Will check the bag all the way om star alliance flights the same day, but I cant seem to find it now.

guwonder

Medlem
Just talked to the staff at Polaris, no problem with digital boarding pass.

I need to check the bag all the way through from ATL to ARN through, that Will be the issue in my case. We’ll see if the UA ground staff at ATL can fix that, I assume SAS doesnt have a service desk at ATL? I remember reading somewhere on the United website that they Will check the bag all the way om star alliance flights the same day, but I cant seem to find it now.
UA at ATL can check in bags onto SAS even when having separately ticketed itineraries as long as all flights are Star Alliance flights and you’re not dealing with any overnight layovers en route from ATL to ARN. Give them extra time at ATL and have a printout of both of your ticketed itineraries and circle the record locators and ticket numbers. Then give that to the UA agent. Make sure to check that the bag tags and claim checks show ARN as the final destination.

Then also confirm at the SAS gate for the SAS flight to make sure that SAS have the bag and bag tags in the SAS system and your booking

Capa

Medlem
Its two separate bookings indeed. Good to hear its still possible. What do you mean by record locators? PNR? So that and ticket numbers, got it! Last time I messed up because the name was slightly different in the two bookings and so that didnt work. This time its the same name. Should I reference to their webpage if they say it cant be done? Maybe not neccessary.

Toppen