Senaste nytt

Till USA efter öppnandet 2021-11-08

Homer

Medlem
Avser test med värmekamera?

Currently, CDC is expanding a surveillance program with XpresCheck to JFK, San Francisco, Newark, and Atlanta airports — four of the busiest international airports in the country. This program allows for increased COVID testing for specific international arrivals, increasing our capacity to identify those with COVID-19 on arrival to the United States and enhancing our surveillance for the Omicron variant.
Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team and Public Health Officials | The White House

Griffin

Medlem
Åker på fredag. Blir till att följa utvecklingen. Funderar på att boka in en ny antigen-tid direkt på fredagmorgon, om kraven skulle ändras.

Banbul

Medlem
Åker på fredag. Blir till att följa utvecklingen. Funderar på att boka in en ny antigen-tid direkt på fredagmorgon, om kraven skulle ändras.
Jag bedömer det som sannolikt att inte antigen-test kommer godtas utan det blir krav om PCR (som i flera andra länder). Rekommenderar att du bokar om till PCR isåfall

Griffin

Medlem
Att flera andra länder (ex UK och Kanada) kräver PCR och att det är osäkert om antigen-test upptäcker den nya Omikronvarianten.

Ja, vi får se vad som händer. Jag bokar nog in!

Såhär sades i CNN-artikeln som någon länkade dock:

"On Monday, Biden's chief medical adviser, Dr. Anthony Fauci, said on CNN's "The Lead" that while PCR Covid-19 detection tests and some rapid antigen tests could detect the new variant, it wasn't clear whether all rapid tests could detect it. But Jeff Zients, the White House's Covid-19 response coordinator, confirmed Tuesday that the FDA believes "the high-volume PCR and rapid antigen tests widely used in the US will be effective in detecting the variant."

Homer

Medlem

Det måste ju vara nästan uteslutet att de nya reglerna, som ännu inte presenterats officiellt, skulle börja gälla från fredag denna vecka.

Såhär stod det i Washington Post artikeln

It’s not clear when the new policy would take effect. But given the urgency of limiting the spread of what might be a highly transmissible variant, speed is considered essential. It’s possible the policy could take effect in a week or two, according to one official.

Dessutom:
Asked by reporters if he would consult with allies about any changes in travel rules, given that former President Donald Trump had caught world leaders by surprise, Biden said, "Unlike Trump I don't shock our allies."

Angående PCR eller antigentest:

Covid News: U.S. to Tighten Testing for Travelers Amid Omicron Worries - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
Earlier Tuesday, a senior administration official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because no final decisions had been made,
said health officials were examining whether current testing —.....
It was unclear whether the new 24-hour rule would require a rapid P.C.R. or antigen test.

Toppen