Senaste nytt

Thai Air Asia. Discount airline; potentiale til langt mere...

pep

Medlem

Fik alle tiders lækre Pad Thai ombord, tro det eller ej! Vurderede oplevelsen til 6 ud af 10 til airlinequality.com:

Thai Air Asia Economy 6/10​

Flew Danang to Ch. Mai on A320-200 aircraft 22 March 2024. Booking on their website easy though need focus to escape many attempts to trap buyer into uncountable add-ons constantly appearing. Check-in online waste of time as BP eventually is invalid and has to be done in airport in any case. Bought bundle add-on to allow for seating, food, a carry on, and to check in a suitcase. That granted me 2 carry-ons. However, it appeared to be a trap as they followingly wrote “must not exceed 7 kg for both”? How on earth can you go below 7 kg for 2 carry-ons? Then they tried to sell me additional luggage while scaring me off with treats of heavy airport fees for excess luggage. However, you are then blocked off for purchasing additional carry-on kilos, as the ticket is already issued. You can only buy another suitcase allowance for >50 USD. The luggage policy is a scam, its purposely unclear, inconsistent and complicated creating confusion and fear among passengers; a big let-down. Size dimensions allowed for carry-ons are ridiculously small; much smaller than other airlines. That’s where its character as a plain, mediocre LCC crops up. If they correct and expand carry on sizes and allowance it could almost be an attractive boutique carrier like e.g. Bangkok Airways. Because the rest of the experience from check-in, boarding, seating, prepaid food, cleanliness, service, etc. went very well. Seats were nicely bolstered, reclinable; but row space criminally narrow, less than of any airline previously travelled, hardly 30”. That forced me to spread legs widely; touching neighbour’s knee inevitably. Food onboard was delivered perfectly according to preorder; it was well labelled, surprisingly tasty, and served very hot. Flight on time, despite being 100% full. Airbridges in both ends provided a seamless experience. Will recommend, despite their scummy luggage policy.

20240322_120044.jpg

Toppen