Senaste nytt

Ramadanens sidste krampetrækninger

pep

Medlem
Fløj igår til Dar fra Kigali via Paris, Milano, og Jedda. 3 flyselskaber. Miles til WB og FB allerede indsat. Transit gik fint overalt. Blev reddet af, at WB ankom til Paris 20 minutter før tid. Samtidigt var EasyJet 1 time forsinket, hvilket de facto passede mig fint. Havde 4 saeder for mig selv til Paris og til Jedda. Fra Jedda til Dar kun 3 (billede nf.). Easyjet kunne kun give mig et frit nabosæde, men det er vel over forventning for en LCC"er? Saudia er stadig en interessant overraskelse, der fortsætter med at imponere. Næsten en business klasse oplevelse. Turen har kostet ca. 700 Euro. Billigst er Saudia Europa-Dar retur for 220 Euro efter tips fra @Rebel her på BC.se. Loungen i Jedda er enorm og minder lidt om Qatars store lounger i Doha. Masser af sjov og nyt eventyr med "fremmed" legacy carrier, Saudia hvilket er en lille ferie for leveren, da Saudia er tør, endog mere tør end Egypt Air…Saudia og Rwandair er på vej op og staffs er glade for deres job, engagerede, og spreder glæde. Sendte flg til SKYTRAX og Tripadvisor allerede publiceret):

Rwandair. Economy 8/10​

Pleasant, direct flight Kigali-Paris 4th April 2024 one of their (3?) A330-200. Ticket inexpensive, purchased on their website under promotion. However, initial ticket was not adjusted for European summer time which had just begun at the time of travel. Upon their discovery hereof, WB made schedule changes from Kigali causing a much later arrival in France. This caused made me fear losing my connection in Paris, to which I had only 55 Minutes to catch in a remote terminal. However, the Rwandair flight arrived 20 minutes early, which saved me.

Dream lounge in Kigali is nice, accessed through my Dream-miles membership. However, every time I go there, budget and catering cuts are notable. Recent cuts are on hot snacks, lack of any imported soft drinks and beers, lack of alternative brewery representation (only products from Bavaria offered). Wines are undrinkable. No presence of music, no volume on TVs so the lounge is too quiet like a national museum. To watch Premier League in silence is tragic.

Check-in a breeze. Had a dialogue on seating and I eventually had 4 seats to myself in row 13, as few wants that row number. Boarding quick and easy; by foot over tarmac. Catering is among the best of African airlines. Preordered seafood of high quality was given early, within 5 Minutes after seatbelt sign was switched off. Got a chance to test another type of fish meal as well, it was also delicious. Breakfast forgettable. Drinks fine, wines are surprisingly good, much better than those in their Kigali lounge. IFE was fine headsets given to all who wanted. Staff were good, attentive, polite, accommodating, and caring. The passenger is the king and is never patronised unless in extreme cases. KLM staff could learn a lot here. Flight almost full, but due to my faith in row no. 13, I could stretch out across seats, and got a lot of sleep. Recommended. Miles credited instantly. A drawback for Rwandair is its isolation by not belonging to any bigger airline alliance. Partnership with Qatar Airways is weak, not reciprocal and does not access the Oneworld alliance.

easyJet. Economy 6/10​

Paris to Milano 4th April 2024 on a newish A320. Ticket not cheap. EasyJet has very restrictive luggage requirements, particular the minuscules dimensions permitted. They are fear mongering and pose treats of punishments in airport if you don’t comply with impossible requirements. In CDG Airport, the Terminal D is quite remote; it took me an hour to get there properly from T1, including busses, several passport, BP, and security checks, makes transit in Paris a hassle. Requirements for EasyJet to board early and check in baggage VERY early is, unnecessarily, very strict and scares people to waste a lot of time by being in gate area by far too early. Flight was delayed 1 hour. Information provided was sparse and unclear. Delays of ½ to 1 hour is more common on this route by easyJet. Onboard staff professional, announcements were good, provided by a Danish pilot called Andersen. Seats are bolstered, good, but can’t recline. Catering onboard expensive. But altogether somehow OK. Will not refuse to fly Easyjet again.

Lounge Montale i Milano igår eftermiddag. Skulle have tanket op inden turen med Saudia maskinen udenfor...
20240404_141918.jpg
20240404_141909.jpg
20240404_141858.jpg

Saudia. Economy 9/10​

Flew Milano to Dar via Jedda 4/4 2024 on A330-343R and A320, respectively. Both flights on time, hardly half full. Purchased as a cheap, promotional, economy ticket, which rendered high and genuine returns. Food, lounges, mileage, service were well provided. Kindness on board was extraordinary and became pleasure throughout. The Ramadan season was on, which resulted in double servings as those fastening could not attend daylight offerings. Then, the trolley has to go again a couple of hours later. Both flights on time, less than half full. Seat choices accommodated free of charge due to my Skyteam Elite status. Information on gate changes sent by email instantly. Lounges were of high quality. Access granted in Montale Lounge in Italy and again in Skyteam Lounge in Jedda. The first is good with tarmac view and booze. The Jedda one lacks this, but has altogether a lot more to offer as the world largest Skyteam lounge. It holds very high standards and options of food and drinks. Separate baristas, food stalls, delicatesse shops, slumber and special areas.

Onboard, FAs were throughout kind, observant, accommodating, and like their jobs. They went the extra mile to accommodate passengers wishes. They offered specialities like e.g. fruits rounds, Arabic Coffee rounds with dates, hot towels, and what not. Drinks were only soft, but plenty. IFE world class and functions well, inclusive of headsets provided. Hot meals were plenty and one could ask and get more if so wanted. We were all well fed as I observed. Amble seat distance with some 33-34” distance to next seat in front. Last flight granted me 3 seats in a row, while the first eventually gave me four seats to fully stretch out. Better than many legacy carriers for this night flight. Had double continental breakfast (2 options) before landing. Recommended, extremely high value for the modest fee charged for the trip.

1712336027032.gif

Hjemtur til DK via Manchester (open legs med Saudia) til maj før tilbage til Rwanda senere paa maaneden
20240405_014016.jpg

Last edited:
Toppen