Senaste nytt

Någon som testat MPC appen för inresa till USA ?

Robert flysas

Förnyade våra ESTA igår. Fick Mail om att ladda ner appen MPC ”Mobile Passport Control” i mailet man får när ESTA är klart.

Någon som testat denna ?

guwonder

Medlem
Förnyade våra ESTA igår. Fick Mail om att ladda ner appen MPC ”Mobile Passport Control” i mailet man får när ESTA är klart.

Någon som testat denna ?
Yes, I have used it a lot, but primarily as a US citizen. Unfortunately, I can’t always count on an airport having it open (or at all) and operating. But when it’s available and open it can be a major time saver and is sometimes even faster than Global Entry which I also use to get landside fast on arrival to the US.

Only more recently have prior ESTA users been allowed to use MPC, and MPC can really speed up things at times when MPC is available and operating on arrival to a US port of entry (or, when relevant, at a US CBP Preclearance location).

Robert flysas

Yes, I have used it a lot, but primarily as a US citizen. Unfortunately, I can’t always count on an airport having it open (or at all) and operating. But when it’s available and open it can be a major time saver and is sometimes even faster than Global Entry which I also use to get landside fast on arrival to the US.

Only more recently have prior ESTA users been allowed to use MPC, and MPC can really speed up things at times when MPC is available and operating on arrival to a US port of entry (or, when relevant, at a US CBP Preclearance location).
Thank you very much. Yes, I thought it must be very new since I fly over the pond some times per year. Thank’s again for your information. / Robert

guwonder

Medlem
Thank you very much. Yes, I thought it must be very new since I fly over the pond some times per year. Thank’s again for your information. / Robert
Indeed it was less than 3 months ago that the government finally enabled MPC for ESTA users. I have yet to see large numbers of ESTA users use the MPC line. But even most arriving US citizens, Canadian citizens, and US green card holders — the last of which were only activated for MPC about 8 months ago — don’t use MPC even where it’s open and operating. Maybe the ESTA renewal applicants being told about it upon ESTA renewal will make it more popular (and thus slower to use on arrival on those occasions when it’s available and operating for a trip), but I think most people won’t care to do so and thus MPC can be useful to have and use when possible.

[Just don’t be surprised if MPC is not open on some trips and you end up having to use the regular lines for visitors anyway.]

Jannes

Medlem
Går detta att fixa på existerande ESTA eller är det bara när man ansöker om nytt? Inga planerade resor till USA för närvarande men bra att veta.

guwonder

Medlem
Funkar den att använda om man flyger till SFO? Ska dit om en månad och vore skoj om den går att använda där
Yes, I’ve used MPC at SFO (at least as a US citizen). Repeat ESTA users with the MPC app can now go the same way as US citizen-using MPC users when having an MPC receipt produced by the app at the relevant time, but sometimes MPC at the airport is staffed and works and an other times it may not. [SFO tends to be one of the better ones with MPC.] But when it works, it can be great; and when it doesn’t work so well, it adds to the experience base that things can be different from time to time when dealing with US CBP and this app. But it’s good to try to use MPC when eligible, as often it will save time where and when it is up and running at the time of your arrival at the US CBP inspection facility.

Toppen