Senaste nytt

Fra København til Afrika på 6 ben...

pep

Medlem
Rejste overvejende (pånær sidste ben) med Skyteam.
Bagagen (1 af 2 kufferter manglede i JNB) er nu i hus efter 10 dages forsinkelse, men KQ bagage handler i JNB gjorde alt for at spore og "reunite me with my suitcase". De sendte updates dagligt, og bagagen var urørt ved ankomst til Kigali. Havde en kikset back2back connection i Zurich, hvilket kostede mig 1k USD, idet billet måtte genudstedes, og tvang mig til at overnatte i ZRH airport. Sendte flg. til Skytrax:

Air France Eco 7/10

Copenhagen-Paris-Zurich-Paris on 17-18 Sep 23 deploying A220-300 and A320 aircrafts. Had to position myself in Zurich to catch my Kenya Airways (AF-codeshare) from there to Nairobi and Jo-burg. Tricky to check-in the luggage from CPH for the entire trip but by jumping the Zurich part, the luggage could be tagged simpler and eventually made it the whole way (5 legs) to Jo-burg. While Zurich became just a turnaround point with the same aircraft the return leg, however, was in business class: a clear step beyond economy, though identical, modest seats. The check-in in CPH went well but the handling agent deployed by Air France were rigid and uninterested and refused to transfer my luggage beyond the first 2 legs which caused me immense trouble and rebooking in ZRH as I could not catch my onward flight. The timeslot became too narrow to retrieve and recheck in luggage which I already informed of in CPH, but in vain: “we don’t do transfer on different tickets” despite being the same airline and even on the same (returning) aircraft. Lounges provided as elite traveller were fine in all three airports. Onboard, crew were courteous and effective. The A220 is a blessing, likely the best narrow body aircraft I have flown. All flights were clean, punctual or early. Service on board very modest, but a few drinks, hot drinks, and snack provided. Huge advantage being elite FFP-traveller these days accessing their newer lounges and getting other perks.

Kenya Airways Business 8/10

Zurich-Paris-Nairobi-Joburg on 17-18 Sep 23 on two B 787-800 Dreamliners. 1st leg operated by their Skyteam partner Air France on a smaller Airbus, the onboard service was good. BPs were issued prior to departure from Zurich. Seamless check-in, and transfers. Onboard, food is improving. Ordered seafood meal and it was accommodated with pleasure and of good taste. 2 meal services provided on the 8 hour flight to NBO. Drinks plenty, champagne and 4 acceptable wines. Only 1 beer offered, Tusker Lager which is watery, cheap, and useless. Lost 1 of 2 inscribed bags, but it is being recovered, KQ did not load it from Nairobi for the last leg. Lounge access provided throughout, all were good. IFE and WiFi fine, not worldclass, but suffices. FAs are good, not patronising passengers, flexible, and humerus, especially the announcements were quite charming and funny. Transfer in Nairobi easy, even though disembarking included some walking and bussing. Good product, not overkill, but sufficient and less expensive than their competitors. Love their business class, not because it is extravagant, but the cabin space, their crew, and solid food provision, is adorable.

Rwandair Economy 8/10

Johannesburg-Kigali 19 September 23 on a B-737-700. Afternoon trip with a short stop over in Lusaka. Accessed easily the nice Bidvest lounge in JNB thru my Dream-miles status at the airline. Given 3 seats in the first row after business class section made me doze off. Luggage recheck-in from a previous flight in JNB and check-in was smooth. On time. Special meal accommodated: had requested seafood meal which was good. No redwine, but a few drink options (including white wine) was generously supplied. Lots of food, all tested were good, hot dishes. Luggage handled excellently. Cant fault anything apart from poor/lacking IFE which I did not use anyway. Staff on board talkative, caring, and charming. Rwandair need to be in a bigger alliance for smoother luggage auto-transfers and reciprocal benefits. Their present cooperation with Qatar Airways does not work well.
Crew were charming and effective, I like the local colourant and their strive to comfort passengers.

Toppen