Senaste nytt

Fra det mørke Afrika til det centrale Indokina. Et 4-dages rejse-eventyr...

pep

Medlem
Jeg er nu landet i PNH efter en 4 nætters rejse fra Rwanda. Første gang jeg rejste 7 ben i et stræk, og endda paa 5 forskellige biletter. Bagagen gik fint med hele vejen men 3 gange undervejs måtte jeg tage "action". Først ville RwandaAir (efter lange overvejelser) kun tage baggagen med til Colombo. Dernaest, i DXB, indvilligede en handlingsagent fra UL i transitten at checke bagagen videre til KUL. De ville ikke give mig en ny tag, men jeg fik lov at se paa deres computer at der stod indchecket hele vejen til KUL. Dette viste sig at være løgn, da jeg tilfældigvis checkede baggagebåndet i CMB hvor min kuffert kom ud og der intet var sket. Saa tog jeg bagagen med til Ramada hotellet (STPC betalt af UL) og checkede den ind igen om morgenen. Nu ville de checke den ind igen til SGN. Men ak, nu broed deres systemer ned da det fremgik at jeg pludselig havde 2 kufferter. De kunne ikke slette den, der var nr. 2 og tiden gik og gik. Immigration kom og blandede sig og spillede nærmest kort med mine 2 pas. Jeg måtte skælde dem ud og tog mine pas fra dem! Til sidst (efter 1-2 timer i CMB) lykedes det at få nye tags på, men kun til SGN. I SGN måtte de rechecke (og re-lable) bagagen til KUL-PNH. Hv ilket lykkedes fint. Alle flights on time. Reviews alle 4 sendt til SKYTRAX hvor de er publicerede. Sov to nætter i KUL i hvs. Business og First Class Golden Loungerne, hvilket gik fint. Landede til tiden i PNH efter 4 dage. Mødte @Joakim i KUL den sidste aften, han tog godt fra! Det lykkedes os at få ham med ind i Golden Lounge baren selv om han rejste med TK. MH og UL leverer varen. Hvorfor over SGN? Fordi jeg havde gamle biletter som skulle bruges helt hjem til Vietnam for at jeg kunne claime dem. Derfra havde jeg købt nye tilbage til KUL og PNH. Jeppe i baronens seng....

Orientering:
2 Mar 23:59 KGL DXB Rwandair arr. 08:30 +1 Biz Z
3 Mar 17:10 DXB CMB CGK UL arr. 13:35 +1 Biz D
4 Mar 18:25 CGK KUL MH arr. 21:30 Eco Q
5 Mar 14:40 KUL SGN MH arr. 15:40 Eco N
5 Mar 18:55 SGN KUL MH arr 21:50 Biz D
6 Mar 09:00 KUL PNH MH arr. 9:50 Biz D

Reviews (rating 1-10):

1. RwandAir Business 5/10
Flew on a narrowbody B737-800 at midnight on 2 March 2019 from Kigali to Dubai. Direct flight (in contrast to fly opposite direction). This aircraft has no lie flat seats which is a disaster for a night flights. I purchased the ticket in faith of their refurbished A330, but they made an equipment change obviously due to low load. Check-in online is a joke and waste of time: after filling some 7 pages with info online they eventually laconically inform that “check-in must be done in Airport”. Worst: landed in T2 in Dubai, which is a messy LCC terminal and fought my way to T1 for onward flights. Homepage misleading and systematically hide info on booking class. Even their most expensive bis-ticket give only few miles which furthermore only can be used on Rwandair. Lounge in Kigali is fine but they have blindfolded all windows with tape to deprive passengers any view of tarmac which is painful, embarrassing, and a misunderstood security issue. Luggage checked in to next destination only, thus had to fight again in Dubai for further luggage transfers. These 6 issues deprive a good rating and we land at average at the highest. On the brighter side is the nice atmosphere onboard, great traditional Rwandan decorated interior in business cabin: FA’s were great and well caring. Champagne and welcome drinks provided. Menu cards and drink lists provided. Sparse supply, e.g. only one kind of beer and only two dishes offered for supper (only 2 options). The food was only passable but plenty. Breakfast of poor quality. Punctual airline with stunning, tall statued FAs. However, their flight equipment is limited and they are not attached to any airline alliance, thus miles earning is only for their Dream Miles Program, which is very stingy with miles even for full fare business tickets. Will chose Kenya Airways and Ethiopian in future despite detours (over NBO or ADD) as they are considerably cheaper and mostly have a better product.

2. Sri Lankan Business 7/10
Travelled 3/3-2019 Dubai to Jakarta over Colombo on A321s. Check-in online 2 days prior to departure went smoothly and my print-outed BPs were accepted in Dubai (by emigration and lounge). Equipment downgrade to A321 narrowbody was a huge disappointment (no lie flat, etc.). Lounge used in Dubai have been downgraded from the luxurious Ahlan Business Lounge to the much poorer and overcrowded, messy Marhaba. The latter was so crowded that I had to escape to the BA Executive Lounge, opposite, which was quiet and nice. Flights faultess and only slightly delayed. The Narrowbodies had no lie flat beds and the cabins hold only 16 seats in business. Flights ¾ full only. No amenity kits nor pyjamas were given. Menus and menu cards fine, food very good, poor beer selection, wines average. The FAs hospitality is great, they are well goomed, well-rested, pro-active, flirtatious, humble, and kind. STPC in Colombo functioned well but precious time consumed to leave the airport (queued 6 times: transit counter (to get voucher), visa on arrival, immigration, baggage pick-up, bus-transfer. Likewise on way back from town to Airport. Colombo Airport is messy and many procedures are slow or unclear. I had a serious luggage issue as they had doublechecked in a bag of mine and only to half of the routing. Found it by incident in CMB left at conveyor belt despite it was promised by 3rd party check-in staff in DXB to go to “at least CGK” (I had 4 legs more on other flights after this one). Mileage earned were generous and were inserted correctly on my BA FFP pgm. Despite they tend to be my present favorite airline, I can only rate them 7 of 10 at this time. IFE was OK. Ticket was cheap due to promotion, purchased 300 days prior to departure. For tickets over 700 USD and with transit more than 8 hours they provide STPC in a decent Hotel in Colombo which is a relief.

3. Malaysia Airlines Economy Class 9/10
Travelled CGK-KUL-SGN on 2 separate tickets 4th and 5th March 2019. Old aircrafts B737. Flights on time, boarding smooth, FAs adept. Special meal (SFML) preordered for free and given out smoothly to perfection. Also offered the general hot meals offered, which also were good. No beer nor sparkling water in economy class. Otherwise, everything went well, luggage and transfers handled to perfection. In CGK, they use Plaza Premium new lounge in T3, a nice breeze overlooking the tarmac. In KLIA their Golden Lounges are a breeze and faultless. I spent a night in transit at sleepers’ area without hassle. FFP-miles granted correctly though I am in the process of changing FFP from QR to BA. Tickets very cheap. All benefits from being an elite flyer of Oneworld were granted.

4. Malaysia Airlines Business Class 8/10
Travelled SGN-KUL-PNH on 5-6 March 2019 on the ageing B737. The ticket was a coup, purchased under heavy promotion from MHs homepage, class D, and could be changed endlessly as desired. Generous miles given. Smooth transfer in SGN to where I arrived from KUL (also on MH) in economy. They re-labelled the luggage so I avoided exiting transit. MH has in SGN changed to use the new Le Saigonnais Lounge which is a blessing and an improvement to the previous Apricot. In KUL, I had a night over in Golden Lounge (accessed to elite FFP-card by QR), which went smoothly. MH delivers and make me willing to take long detours when the price is tempting. Largest weakness is lack of any booze on regional and domestic flights. This is accentuated by the ageing fleet of noisy B737 equipped with unpredictable configuration and refurbishment. IFE is often completely lacking on these aircrafts. However, according to price paid and punctuality they are a great deal and a rising company.

Last edited:
Toppen