Senaste nytt

Chiang Mai til Kigali for 400 dollars...

pep

Medlem
Sømløs rejse, alt gik glat. Man får meget på billige økonomi-billetter - blot for at være FB elite...Eneste irritation er at man er nødt til at gå landside i BKK og rode med sin baggage for at checke den ind. I gamle dage kunne transfer desk hitte den og sætte nye tags på for en. Men disse tralala dage er vist ved at være forbi på BKK...

Sendte flg. til SKYTRAX og Tripadvisor

Bangkok Airways Economy 8/10​

Chiang Mai to Bangkok 1st April 2024. Aircraft A319. Easy booking, generous service from luggage to catering onboard. Preordered a special hot meal (free!) accommodated; additional meals provided upon inquiry. Ticket very reasonable, 47 USD. Free lounge access (dry, but an enormous effort to operate and it is well kept with snacks and soft drinks). Checked luggage (+/- 20 kg), and got seat upgrade from the very back to the very front – without requesting, but they offered me firmly. Got a whole row 2 for myself despite the flight was basically full. Staff onboard were top-notch, polite and observant. A second hot meal was delivered on my tray table within 20 seconds (yes!). They chose a wonderful alternative to the first dish. Pleasure to be onboard with them. Got even flying mileage inserted to my Qatar Airways Privilege Club for the flight. Many advantages by this airline. Lot of staff on ground and in air, all very effective and helpful. What they generously delivered within an hours’ flight is unbelievable. Worth every penny. And, this was only a domestic flight. If they cross a border, they provide free flow of alcoholic drinks (wine and beer). We miss them back to Vietnam, but they were knocked out by Corona and LCCs.
Only three drawbacks are: 1. superfluous and useless online check-in; 2. No luggage transfers thru BKK (just as discount airlines) due to no real partners, interline agreements, alliances. 3. Bus driving from aircraft to Terminal very annoying and disturbs all the good points earned in the air. Recommend them strongly, likely the best of the small airlines in SE Asia.

Kenya Airways. Economy 8/10​

Flew from Bangkok via Nairobi to Kigali 2nd April 2024 on B787-800 and B737-800, respectively. Both flights were about full and briefly on time. I had chosen my favorite seats beforehand (free for elite card status holders). Easy and fast check-in in BKK, including being given unofficial advice on how to enter Fast Track for Immigration and Security. These used to be a Skypriority perk, but they have cancelled this except for premium class travellers. The Skyteam lounge in pier F delivers and still improves on hot foods and French sparkling wine.

First flight called for boarding far too early, almost 2 hours before scheduled departure. The F5 gate as KQ uses, however, is only 200 meters away from the lounge so I went back again as the dull gate hall atmosphere kills my mood. Airbridge while boarding, but bus-gating while exiting in Nairobi. Onboard could stretch my legs as I wanted as the 25th row has unlimited leg-space and they availed space to me avoiding having someone sitting at the neighbouring seat. That later enabled me to sleep well. Preordered seafood was delivered to perfection with handwritten name on it. So, we had dinner at 2 a.m., but it was very welcomed. The flight provided me 3 hot meals which is more than fair for a 9 hours flight. Inquired and got an extra portion of different nature, a freshwater fish meal, which also proved tasty. The most delicious meal was, to my surprise, the breakfast. Here they’ve made seafood pieces into scrambled eggs, extremely delicious and innovative. Drinks came around late and after food was served. The Tusker beer was awful, the white wine was undrinkable, but the red wine was surprisingly good (Shiraz grape from Stonedale Winery, South Africa). No bubbles in economy class, however. The FAs managed well the full flight. They answered call bells, were fit, jovial, and well rested, focusing on their job and talkative with passengers.

Transfer in Nairobi was tedious due to bus drive and huge queues for security checks. Thus, I missed the lounge.

Last flight to Kigali was more spartanic and uneventful, had to cheer up the staff. Exit seats reclinable (row 19), was again given a neighbour free seat. Boarding upon walking on the tarmac 300 meters. Catering was only a plain, cold croissant (short morning flight), but hot and soft drinks were frequently served. IFE working well (both flights) but headsets not provided. Disembarking by walking was fine to get grounded. Luggage arrived unharmed and instantly.

Recommend. Have 4 more KQ-flights in the pipeline and look forward to them.

KQ exit space on B788 from BKK.jpg

pep

Medlem
Addendum til Kenya Airways...
Economy, rated 5/10:
My wife flew from Kigali to Dar yesterday and landed eventually in the middle of todays night. Original flight cancelled with notice a day earlier, forcing her into a 15 hours delay. Not the biggest problem for us. She was upgraded to Business Class in fully lie flat seats on the last leg. Fair compensation, though she should have had lounge access in Nairobi but they declined her to enter. Rescheduled flights on time. Luggage arrived all.

Toppen