Senaste nytt

8 ben fra Hue til København...

pep

Medlem
Fløj fra det centrale Vietnam til København i starten af ugen. Anmeldt på SKYTRAX med rating 0-10. Billeder er fra den hyggelige, nye lounge i Hue i den nye lufthavn

Vietnam Airlines. Business 10/10
Flew HUI-HAN on 13 Aug. 23 from the brand new airport in Hue. Airport is a architectonic pearl, giving vision, space, and a feeling of wealth and prosperity. It (‘terminal 2’) was built in very short time. It is a huge mastodont, impressive, over-dimensioned, could handle 20-50 times more passengers. Actual passengers no. are only +/-1500/per day. Further, the International section is virtually dormant. I deem 3 employees per passenger, insane! Check-in in Hue was easy and overkill: 1. online, 2. machine, and 3. eventually manual at desk. Respected as SkyTeam elite traveller and earned XP to my Flying Blue Program with KLM/AF. New Song Huong (Perfume River, named after Hue’s main river) lounge is a nice boutique lounge, fair, diverse catering, panoramas, and does the job. Captain was a Danish national, Nicolas, we had an extensive chat at departure, as we share nationality. He was very informative onboard as we flew.
My A321 aircraft had 16 seats in classical outfitted 2 x 2 huge, comfortable business class seats with 50% wider space as the layout in eco has two seats more per row. I was almost alone in business with only 2 young women behind me. Service impeccable, but food onboard is a joke/gimmick despite being served in VIP manner. Drinks, beers, and snacks available. Newspapers with choice (hardcopy) given to everybody, a rare gesture these days, haven’t seen in Europe for years. FAs gave me 110% attention, just lift my eyes to get any additional service. Conservative, old-fashioned, yes. But very valuable, cost friendly (125 USD), and the product is hugely appreciated. A relentless high standard retaining old values and comfort. Predeparture drinks offered. IFE on shared monitors was so, so. No WiFi, bit who cares on a 85 minutes flight.
We left early and arrived 30 min. ahead time. I went straight into reserved bus, took off 15 seconds later. Luggage on belt as I arrived. All in all perfect, speedy, attended instantly, hardly lost a Minute from Check-In to leaving Hanoi Airport. They further do not demand luggage tags while exiting, speeding up everything. Given miles and tier-points instantly.

Qatar Airways. Economy 8/10
Hanoi-Doha-Johannesburg 13-14 August 2023 on B787-9 and A350-9, respectively. On time. Flew on QR award tickets; selected my favourite seats free due to Frequent Flyer status. Quick check ins. Lounge in Hanoi spacious and good. Onboard, menu had 3 choices of hot meal, all announced 10 days prior to departure on QRs homepage. Transfer in Doha smooth with lounge access (Gold Lounge Gate C14). The flights were faultless and excellent for economy class. FAs were energetic, well rested, groomed, and in a sparkling mood. Drinks were generously served throughout the flights, up to 3 drinks per person per round. Food was good with 3 hot options on each sector, though small portions. Further were sandwiches and snacks served and/or obtainable on request. Both flights were de facto full; this challenges were handled well by the crew who knew how to focus without panicking. IFE worked well with on touch screens, huge supply of movies. Amenity kit and kids toys were given to all who wanted. Decent wines for economy: sparkling was a decent French crémant: Veuve Ambal Chardonnay/Aligoté (30 usd/bottle). White wine was acceptable: Frontera Chardonnay 2022, Chile. Red wine was very good: Maison Robert Olivier Syrah, France. Sodas and beer brands were substandard as usual: the cheapest industrial stuff, sells for max. 1-2 USD/can. Was recognised and further pampered as elite frequent flyer of QR. Only down fall are the very conservative and conform food offerings and the tedious bus-gating in Doha, depriving passengers any premium feeling. Luggage failed to be loaded in Hanoi depriving me comfort on the subsequent numerous flights. Could only file PIR-report at final destination of my entire travel, in Copenhagen. Luggage still not recovered, but I trust it will come soon. Will fly QR again, however.

Kenya Airways Business 8/10
JNB-NBO-AMS-ZRH on 14-15 August 23. Flights on time, despite being quite full. Good announcements. Check in on transfer desk in Jo-burg, all 3 BPs issued on spot. Kenya now uses the South African Airlines lounge, which is very high class lounge with sleepers and a very diverse buffet with high quality foods.
The long haul flights were both on new B787-9 dreamliners; business class is wonderfully furnished, spacious, in 2 x 2 x 2 configuration which is perfect. Low chair fenders allow you to overlook entire cabin when seated upright. Very amble leg space in the lie-flats, more than a meter wide. Wonder all the hype about Q-suites, this open design is 10 times better as compared to be encapsulated in a stuffy suite cage?
Spent night in Pride lounge, Nairobi. Preordered, hot seafood meals were provided thrice on the two flights, all different variants and tasty. Take-off champagne given. Not the most sublime business class catering in the skies: food in general is not extraordinary (apart from the pre-order options), no beer choices, only the watery national Tusker Lager offered. Meals robust and reliable, pre-ordered meal managed well. FAs active and smiley, though not well coordinated, despite being many. IFE is acceptable though narrow choices on movies. Nice beds with mattresses and pillows, 2 blankets per seat. Will fly again with KQ.
KLMs 52 lounge in Amsterdam is huge and good, they printed out coming Boarding Passes for me.
Amsterdam-Zurich on Embraer 190 aircraft operated by KLM, well synchronised with Kenya Airways and under their flight number. Flight full. Delayed ½ hour due to complicated, tedious loading of two giant dogs, a serious unnecessary delay causing delay for 200 people. Catering was surprisingly good: menu card, nice, large food box with 3 course meal, including my favoured seafood meal. Champagne, 4 wines, and lots of hot and soft drinks offered. Swift service. Seats are just economy seats but I was given 2 seats in front row and can’t complain.

Air France Economy 8/10
Zurich-Paris-Copenhagen on 16 Aug. 23 on A318 and A321, respectively. Award tickets. Lounges in both departure airports are very good: In Zurich, a separate Skyteam lounge is small, but boutique like with great offerings. In Paris, AFs Salon Lounge (T2 Hall F), is huge and does the job: I had a full breakfast and a nap. I was, without request, offered champagne while seated. Both flights briefly on time. Onboard services were very decent for economy with wine, drinks and snacks. Recognised as Gold Card holder and given premium attention: greeted, priority boarded, free seat choice, and additional wine, even on a busy day with completely full flights. Jetbridging for boarding and deboarding, throughout. Decent product, will fly again

Attachments

• 20230813_104847.jpg
    20230813_104847.jpg
    63,8 KB · Visningar: 74
  • 20230813_104900.jpg
    20230813_104900.jpg
    61,6 KB · Visningar: 65
  • 20230813_104921.jpg
    20230813_104921.jpg
    46,2 KB · Visningar: 64
  • 20230813_104928.jpg
    20230813_104928.jpg
    61 KB · Visningar: 67
  • 20230813_104938.jpg
    20230813_104938.jpg
    58,9 KB · Visningar: 69
  • 20230813_105026.jpg
    20230813_105026.jpg
    63,4 KB · Visningar: 79
  • 20230813_105052.jpg
    20230813_105052.jpg
    49,9 KB · Visningar: 82
  • 20230813_110519.jpg
    20230813_110519.jpg
    63,4 KB · Visningar: 81
  • 20230813_110528.jpg
    20230813_110528.jpg
    31,1 KB · Visningar: 68
  • 20230813_110606.jpg
    20230813_110606.jpg
    64,8 KB · Visningar: 75
  • 20230813_125652.jpg
    20230813_125652.jpg
    47,5 KB · Visningar: 78

pep

Medlem
Post Mortem:
Baggagen fik jeg efter 10 dage. Menzies )QRs luggage handling agent) i CPH nægtede at tage sagen. Jeg maatte derpå selv lave online PIR report paa QRs hjemmeside; det var noget af et arbejde. QR i CPH lufthavn tog sagen alvorlig og efterlyste i HAN, DOH, og JNB. Imidlertid blev de overhalet af virkeligheden: en vaks baggage medarbejder i JNB have fundet min kuffert med tag og derpå sendt mig en email. Jeg svarede fluks: Send den til CPH - og han svarede prompte (uden PIR, filnumre, referencer, etc. ) at han ville sende den "snarest muligt". Jeg orienterede QR derpåi CPH, men de sendte en byge af emails til JNB, hvilket deres Lost Luggage ikke svarede på. Men baggagen dukkede op i CPH 30-40 timer senere efter at JNB havde kommunikeret til mig. Nu vågnede Menzies op efter pres fra QR, der nu var orienteret. De tog telefonen og lod mig komme ind i baggage-omraadet uden for ders standardtider (3 "afhentninger" per dag).

Menzies i CPH forsoegte at lave mig en bjoernetjeneste. Men de kludrede i det og min kuffert blev taget af tolden. Jeg måtte udvise al mit diplomati og ydmyghed for at undgå at betale told og bøde af mine forsyninger, der var langt over stregen... Efter at have afstået varene, sagde de at de ville konfiskere det og jeg skulle underskrive samtykke. Fint, fint. Vi sludrede lidt om dit og dat, og min viden (medvidende rejsende :- ) indgød respekt og godt humoer. Til sidst 'overgav" de sig og bragte de mine røgvarer og sprit tilbage uden afgifter; Endda med ønske om en god dag.

Toppen