Senaste nytt

SAS öppnar linje till Atlanta 17 juni 2024

guwonder

Medlem
Du kan nog vara rätt säker på att det är 60/80/100k poäng som gäller för awards då alla sas longhaul har den prissättningen tur och retur.

Those who partner closely with Delta end up doing as Delta wants with devaluation of miles/points for award travel. And if the AF-KL program tie with DL is indicative of what to expect with SK program tie-in with DL, then the DL award flight availability using SK points will probably be much worse than it is with SK+UA when using SK points.

palmen

Those who partner closely with Delta end up doing as Delta wants with devaluation of miles/points for award travel. And if the AF-KL program tie with DL is indicative of what to expect with SK program tie-in with DL, then the DL award flight availability using SK points will probably be much worse than it is with SK+UA when using SK points.
Since when does Delta decide how much SAS charge SAS customers for Eurobonus awards? Is Delta going to decide how much a domestic flight in Sweden should cost as well, only because SAS has a codeshare agreement with Delta?

As long as eurobonus is the loyalty program for SAS it's SAS who decide the prices and noone else.
Awards has already been available today and it is the 30/40/50k points per way so it's definitely SAS who set the point cost and no one else.

How much a Eurobonus award with skyteam will cost is unknown to everyon in public at the moment. We don't even know when there will be a merger to Skyteam. But I would assume it'll be close to what the prices are today, roughly 130k points for a return ticket with eurobonus flygin Delta/KLM/AF to USA.

guwonder

Medlem
DL will almost certainly do with SAS at least some of the things it has done before in successfully getting its TATL-flying partners to devalue miles/points for long-haul redemptions — and even more extremely so with regard to premium cabins.

And for those hoping to use SK points to go CPH-ATL-___ onward DL flight, DL will play a very frustrating role with award availability for those wanting to use partner program points for that onward DL segment (and the feeder DL segment on the return). And if SAS gets into the DL-AF/KL-led TATL JV, it’s probably going to be on the worse side of things with regard to using SK points for TATL flights.

For those who just want to fly on wholly SAS itineraries and don’t want to go beyond ATL — or other SAS gateways — in the US entirely on one award ticket, it probably won’t be as painful (at least as soon) as for those who who want to continue or begin flights beyond the SAS gateways in the US.

UA is much, much more generous with “standard” award space being made available to its partner airline programs than DL is. That big difference compared
to DL is part of the devaluation that will hit those wanting to use SAS points for award travel using a US partner operated flight to and from the SAS gateways in the US.

For what it’s worth, there is quite the history between DL and me — and not just as a customer. I have confidence in DL’s ability to fleece customers — including customers of partner airline programs — and get away with it.

Sir Lemon

Medlem
DL will almost certainly do with SAS at least some of the things it has done before in successfully getting its TATL-flying partners to devalue miles/points for long-haul redemptions — and even more extremely so with regard to premium cabins.

And for those hoping to use SK points to go CPH-ATL-___ onward DL flight, DL will play a very frustrating role with award availability for those wanting to use partner program points for that onward DL segment (and the feeder DL segment on the return). And if SAS gets into the DL-AF/KL-led TATL JV, it’s probably going to be on the worse side of things with regard to using SK points for TATL flights.

For those who just want to fly on wholly SAS itineraries and don’t want to go beyond ATL — or other SAS gateways — in the US entirely on one award ticket, it probably won’t be as painful (at least as soon) as for those who who want to continue or begin flights beyond the SAS gateways in the US.

UA is much, much more generous with “standard” award space being made available to its partner airline programs than DL is. That big difference compared
to DL is part of the devaluation that will hit those wanting to use SAS points for award travel using a US partner operated flight to and from the SAS gateways in the US.

For what it’s worth, there is quite the history between DL and me — and not just as a customer. I have confidence in DL’s ability to fleece customers — including customers of partner airline programs — and get away with it.
In my humble opinion, you seem pretty bitter (which you of course might have a personal cause to). I keep the privilege to see and experience this process being taken to the end first, before taking a stand. My personal appreciation of UA as a partner is not too high after having had SAS Gold for many years working parts of the year in the US.

Last edited:

palmen

Inget kommer ändras från idag med UA i så fall. Att hitta awards med UA inom USA är svårt och näst intill omöjligt om man inte bokar economy.

Jag kan lova dig, de som bokar SAS till/från USA med Eurobonus bokar nästan aldrig vidare intra USA. Jag vågar mig på en gissning att 95% av eurobonus biljetterna till USA enbart är sas och inte vidare inom USA.

UA släpper typ inget till SAS så vi kommer nog inte se mycket skillnad.
Skandinaven som åker på semester med poäng åker nästan uteslutande antingen Star Alliance till olika ställen, de gånger de bokar med SAS så är det till SAS destinationer.

Ställ dig frågan själv. Jag kan betala 60k eurobonus för att flyga SAS till NYC/ORD/VOS/IAD/MIA/SFO/LAX i Business tor. Varför skulle jag boka till en annan destination med Delta och betala 130k poäng (om vi förutsätter poängen är desamma som nu i Star Alliance)?

Slutligen kan vi ju säga att INGEN vet i dagsläget vad poängpriset blir och hur mycket tillgänglighet som kommer finnas den dagen SAS går med i Skyteam.

Personligen har jag dock aldrig någonsin bokat en resa till USA med SAS som award och på samma biljett rest vidare inrikes i USA. Min gissning är att absoluta majoriteten av skandinaver har exakt samma resmönster med sas award till USA.

Hachans

Medlem
Japp. United är helt bortplockat ur SAS biljettregler med omedelbar verkan vad jag kan se. Detta betyder att det nu (igen) är möjligt att köpa SAS-biljetter till varsom i USA men anslutningsflygen i USA är Delta, inte United (såvida man inte bokar SK-codeshare på UA).

Uppdatering: Det verkar inte gå att boka SAS Plus med DL-anslutning (än). Det saknas vilken bokningsklass som skall användas för DL-flygen. Ekonomi-/Affärs-klass verkar fungera.

Attans! Nu retar jag mig på att jag inte väntade på att boka en resa till USA utan fick anslutning med United istället för Delta. Föredrar delta alla dagar i veckan.

palmen

Om man nu vill stanna Atlanta, finns det något att se eller göra i stan eller närheten med exempelvis hyrbil? Finns någon form av stadskärna/city man kan promenera i?
Coca Cola
OS
NFL

Allt beror ju på vad man vill göra. Georgia är ju inte den roligaste delstaten kanske, men finns definitivt saker att göra i och omkring Atlanta beroende på vad man har för intresse.

Toppen