Senaste nytt
  • Please note that this forum page is part of BusinessClass UK and all content should be written in English.

User review: Lufthansa First Class, Frankfurt - Buenos Aires

BusinessClass

Redaktör
Background and introduction This was my first reservation through the Amex Companion Ticket system. I never thought I would land one of these, traveling to Buenos Aires just a couple of weeks before Christmas. But suddenly, all the planets just snapped into line. By chance my family had traveled ahead of me (good luck in…

Nikolas

Medlem
Nice experience indeed! Fist class on LH for 95,000 Eurobonus points was a really good deal for a turnaround trip or one way?? However very good.

When you say that you made a phone call through Tallin, was that ANA points reservations you called? Sorry, but I'm not familiar with all abbreviations, unsure if you mean ANA "airline" or something else. Thanks!

palmen

@Nikolas It's 95k eurobonus points when you use a 2-4-1 voucher from Amex.
The phone call to Tallinn is to SAS customer support who handles the voucher from Amex, they are based in Tallinn.
THe reference to ANA is indeed the airline, but only their homepage where you can search for awards on star alliance to see where there might be awailability. After that you call SAS and see if they can book the flights you found. It might not be bookable since it's the availability for ANA, but it's usually the same when using SAS Eurbonus points.

Nikolas

Medlem
@Nikolas It's 95k eurobonus points when you use a 2-4-1 voucher from Amex.
The phone call to Tallinn is to SAS customer support who handles the voucher from Amex, they are based in Tallinn.
THe reference to ANA is indeed the airline, but only their homepage where you can search for awards on star alliance to see where there might be awailability. After that you call SAS and see if they can book the flights you found. It might not be bookable since it's the availability for ANA, but it's usually the same when using SAS Eurbonus points.

@palmen Thank you for the fast answer. I just used my 2-4-1 voucher from Amex to book a trip to NY in business with SAS this sumer (turnaround trip for 2) and was also wondering if I was perhaps to fast and could have checked with other airlines, like for instance LH.

Last, I have a quick question regarding Emirates.. If I was to open a skywards account, I am also available to send my EB points to book a trip with Emirates and use my future Amex 2-4-1 vouchers? Or should I subscribe to another program with a credit card to earn points that gives more value for money spent.

Last edited:

palmen

@palmen Thank you for the fast answer. I just used my 2-4-1 voucher from Amex to book a trip to NY in business with SAS this sumer (turnaround trip for 2) and was also wondering if I was perhaps to fast and could have checked with other airlines, like for instance LH.

Last, I have a quick question regarding Emirates.. If I was to open a skywards account, I am also available to send my EB points to book a trip with Emirates and use my future Amex 2-4-1 vouchers? Or should I subscribe to another program with a credit card to earn points that gives more value for money spent.
Lufthansa is part of star alliance so you could have booked with them aswell, all the members of star alliance are possible to use for award travel. The big benefit to fly with SAS is the low amount of taxes, only about 3-600 SEK for a return trip.
Emirates is not part of any alliance so you cant use points from SAS there, only their own bonus program and if they have some partners like Qantas.

Toppen