Senaste nytt

SAS köps av KLM/Air France med avsikt att lämna Star Alliance för Skyteam

Tror det tar längre tid innan allt är klart och SAS är fullt ut med i Skyteam. Kanske nyår. Och redan bokade flyg och förmåner hos andra bolag kommer nog att hedras under en övergångsperiod, även om man inte längre egentligen har status i *A.

Det enda man kanske behöver tänka på är nog att se till att ha säkrat sin status i EB för innevarande intjäningsår. Är man inte klar så är det nog smart att se till att få det gjort nu innan juni, så att man är EBG/EBD vid övergången och under kommande år. Påsk och helgerna i maj är ju bra tillfälle för lite MR.

RhinoG

Medlem
När vi pratar om att man inte kommer att kunna boka om resor, innebär det att biljetter inte kommer att kunna skrivas om alls, eller att vi inte kommer att kunna byta avgångar så att säga?

Säg att man flyger CGK-IST-WAV-GOT och IST-WAW ryker, tror ni att SAS kommer att kunna justera biljetten så man avslutar resan i IST och kan köpa sig biljett hem exempelvis?

När vi pratar om att man inte kommer att kunna boka om resor, innebär det att biljetter inte kommer att kunna skrivas om alls, eller att vi inte kommer att kunna byta avgångar så att säga?

Säg att man flyger CGK-IST-WAV-GOT och IST-WAW ryker, tror ni att SAS kommer att kunna justera biljetten så man avslutar resan i IST och kan köpa sig biljett hem exempelvis?
Allt är bara killgissningar. Ingen vet något.

lillemannen

Medlem
Di har en artikel bakom paywall som hävdar sig veta datumet på övergång. Clickbait?
Nja inget datum

”Om allt går som det ska, och det tror jag att det kommer göra, så förväntar vi oss en 'exit' från Star Alliance under andra kvartalet”, säger Air France-KlM:s vd Ben Smith till Dagens Næringsliv och fortsätter:

”SAS kommer omedelbart att gå in i Sky Team, vi kommer kommunicera ett datum inom kort.”

guwonder

Medlem
When we talk about not being able to rebook trips, does that mean that tickets won't be able to be rewritten at all, or that we won't be able to change departures so to speak?

Say you fly CGK-IST-WAV-GOT and IST-WAW breaks, do you think that SAS will be able to adjust the ticket so that you end the journey in IST and can buy a ticket home, for example?
Once you have partially flown a ticket, it's the operating carrier with a schedule disruption that should be able to fix matters on such a ticket so as to enable a completion of the journey. That said, I suggest that you're better protected if you can arrange things so as to be on a routing protected by EC 261/2004.

About how things go during and following transitions from alliances, this isn't the first time an airline has changed alliance membership. And as history tends to repeat itself, transitions such as USAirway's exit from Star Alliance and bmi’s exit from Star by way of absorption into BA may be instructive on how things could go with SAS's exit from Star Alliance.

Ben är inte VD, han är chef/ansvarig för Flying Blue vilket då gör hans uttalande mer sannolikt än om VD surrade något om bonusprogrammet.

Han presenterades som Chief Executive Offer på Air France-KLM's Earnings Call igår. Det här är vad han sa om SAS

Benjamin Smith, Chief Executive Officer:

And on the -- on your M&A question. We're very, very happy with how things worked out with SAS, with our 19% stake, with the exit of SAS from Star Alliance and our exclusive ability to go up to a controlling stake. So, we're already in deep talks. We've moved forward on a lot of commercial let's say partnerships with them. They've already moved one flight to Atlanta. We are putting in place, you know, we're having them line up with our services wherever we can under the non-immunized rules. But it's a great first step for 19% investment. So that we're pleased with. In terms of TAP, as you know, geographically, we're quite interested in that operation. We'll see how that goes. But as of today, as you know, it's a bit unknown how the new government is going to move on that file. So, still interested but balanced expectations based on the current situation.

Andrew Lobbenberg, Analyst:

Ben, can I just ask, are there competition policy approvals needed for SAS to proceed or are you expecting that to go through it? Because obviously the process for lift in ETA and IATE Europa are going nowhere fast, right?

Benjamin Smith, Chief Executive Officer:

No, we don't. What we're focused on is, can SAS eventually join our joint venture across the Atlantic? So, with Virgin and with Delta we will be able to integrate SAS into that joint venture. And of course, you know, that's a lengthy process. So that's the main focus. What will we need to do there. And of course, there's no limit to access at Copenhagen or at Stockholm. The airports are totally open. So, if there are perhaps any remedies that will be asked for, I predict they will be asked for in Amsterdam. But the unique routes that we're on are very limited.

Toppen