Senaste nytt

SAS ämnar att börja flyga till Minneapolis framöver (efter inträde i Skyteam)

guwonder

Medlem
Infon kommer från följande inlägg som sammanfattade diamond träff i Oslo igår.

Planen verkar vara att ersätta Washington med Minneapolis för att connecta med Delta vidare i USA.
They are doing me a favor with CPH-MSP, and then onto DCA from there. :). Hoping CPH-ORD remains, as I also have use for CPH-ORD-DCA/IAD.

guwonder

Medlem
There is zero chance that SAS will start flying to the Delta hub Salt Lake City right? Would have been a perfect route for me, but guess I don't have to dream.
I don’t expect CPH-SLC to happen anytime as soon, but if it were to happen I guess it would probably be a relatively short-lived seasonal experiment.

CPH-IAD has been weaker than CPH-ORD, so I wouldn’t be surprised if CPH-ORD were to have more staying power despite the loss of UA connectivity being an issue at both ORD and IAD with SAS moving to SkyTeam.

mha321

Medlem
I don’t expect CPH-SLC to happen anytime as soon, but if it were to happen I guess it would probably be a relatively short-lived seasonal experiment.

CPH-IAD has been weaker than CPH-ORD, so I wouldn’t be surprised if CPH-ORD were to have more staying power despite the loss of UA connectivity being an issue at both ORD and IAD with SAS moving to SkyTeam.
At least delta and sas are at the same terminal at O'Hare already. Too bad it's Terminal 5...

NotRyan

Medlem
Codeshare via AMS/CDG/LHR känns nog mer troligt än att SAS öppnar en egen linje. Går ju redan en fyra-fem SkyTeam per dag mellan både ATL-AMS och ATL-CDG. Kanske med något nytt fraktavtal.
Jo, då SAS enligt uppgift kommer att gå med fullt ut i deras JV så kommer det väl också att bli SK-nummer på alla AF/KL/DL/VS - flighter över pölen gissar jag på!

guwonder

Medlem
Well, as SAS will reportedly fully join their JV, there will probably also be SK numbers on all AF/KL/DL/VS - flights across the pond I'm guessing!
Sorry for doing this in English, but my funny Swedish doesn’t fly well always. :)

Code-sharing approval from the relevant government authorities is easier for SAS and its upcoming partners to get than it is for SAS to get governmental approvals for a revenue-sharing JV with DL+AF/KL+VS. I am hoping the latter kind of required governmental approval is denied by the regulators in the interest of consumers in the aggregate. While odds are that they will get approval eventually, I am holding out hope that maybe it will be slowed down if not entirely stopped.

DL tried ATL-Scandinavia and it worked only sort of seasonally, but ended up not being a great use of DL resources even with the Florida, Texas, Latin America and Caribbean stuff out of ATL. SAS becoming part of SkyTeam won’t necessarily make Scandinavia-ATL service’s demand profile strong enough to sustain such a route when DL will probably continue to see secondary European cities routed via AMS and CDG anyway as a stronger business proposition for DL due to the dynamics of the revenue-sharing TATL JV that may or may not end up including SAS. I do expect we will see SAS or DL experiment with Scandinavia-ATL service, but I just don’t have confidence in how sustainable it would be for DL to be the metal to do so.

Even MSP-CPH may turn out to go the way of the dodo bird if the DL feed at MSP doesn’t work out to support it. I am not surprised to hear MSP is prioritized over DTW, as DL has been sort of cutting regional frequency from DTW to various domestic places while keeping MSP with more frequency of service than DTW for some such places. And to a limited extent DL has sort of de-emphasized DTW in the interest of JFK/LGA and even BOS. MSP is to get Aer Lingus and Lufthansa, and there is already Icelandair and Condor that eats into the O&D from the MSP catchment area that DL thrives on.

Last edited:

fcx

Medlem
Sorry for doing this in English, but my funny Swedish doesn’t fly well always. :)

Code-sharing approval from the relevant government authorities is easier for SAS and its upcoming partners to get than it is for SAS to get governmental approvals for a revenue-sharing JV with DL+AF/KL+VS. I am hoping the latter kind of required governmental approval is denied by the regulators in the interest of consumers in the aggregate. While odds are that they will get approval eventually, I am holding out hope that maybe it will be slowed down if not entirely stopped.

DL tried ATL-Scandinavia and it worked only sort of seasonally, but ended up not being a great use of DL resources even with the Florida, Texas, Latin America and Caribbean stuff out of ATL. SAS becoming part of SkyTeam won’t necessarily make Scandinavia-ATL service’s demand profile strong enough to sustain such a route when DL will probably continue to see secondary European cities routed via AMS and CDG anyway as a stronger business proposition for DL due to the dynamics of the revenue-sharing TATL JV that may or may not end up including SAS. I do expect we will see SAS or DL experiment with Scandinavia-ATL service, but I just don’t have confidence in how sustainable it would be for DL to be the metal to do so.

Even MSP-CPH may turn out to go the way of the dodo bird if the DL feed at MSP doesn’t work out to support it. I am not surprised to hear MSP is prioritized over DTW, as DL has been sort of cutting regional frequency from DTW to various domestic places while keeping MSP with more frequency of service than DTW for some such places. And to a limited extent DL has sort of de-emphasized DTW in the interest of JFK/LGA and even BOS. MSP is to get Aer Lingus and Lufthansa, and there is already Icelandair and Condor that eats into the O&D from the MSP catchment area that DL thrives on.

Det Delta saknade med Atlanta-linjerna tidigare var trafiken X-CPH-ATL-X. Genom att få tillgång till den skandinaviska marknadens alla destinationer (istället för att konkurera med SAS) så finns det betydligt fler resenärer att plocka upp som byter vidare till inrikesflyg i Atlanta. Samma sak med amerikaner som ska till skandinavien.

Det som talar emot det är, som du säger, att KLM:s möjligheter att ansluta mot skandinavien är stora. Dock så måste ju KLM minska antalet flygningar från AMS (och inte öka dem), och att då ha en partner i norra europa kan vara rätt fördelaktigt.

Fredrik

Medlem
Det är många intressanta tankar som man får när man tänker på det. Hur funkar det med feed från Polen och Tyskland idag? Inte bra skulle jag säga. Det är kanske där SAS har möjligheter att växa när eller om Schiphol stagnerar eller minskar.

Toppen