Senaste nytt

Resa med brorson till USA

mano81

Medlem
Hej! Jag ska ta med mig min brorson på 14 år till New York och se lite NHL och göra lite annat (han ville besöka ett Walmart :D). Förutom ESTA, så har jag läst att jag behöver ett dokument från hans föräldrar som visar att de godkänner att han reser med mig. Vet någon vad exakt vad som bör stå i ett sådant dokument? Eventuellt om det finns någon bra mall någonstans. I övrigt, behöver jag tänka på något annat innan avfärd?

guwonder

Medlem
He wants to see the guns sold at Walmart?:D The Walmarts are in the ‘burbs out in NJ or on Long Island. Not sure they have guns, unlike the Walmarts near where kids would go deer hunting in the morning before popping into school.

Here's a Canadian template letter that we use and which works for the US too:

Canada — formerly one of the leading countries in child kidnappings due to how they did the numbers — is more picky than the US even when traveling alone with a child who is a biological descendant of the accompanying adult, so good to have it because sometimes routing via Canada can be useful. Just edit out Canada if you want and perhaps keep copies of the parents' passports plus the personbevis for the child showing parental relationship.

Video calls to parents work with the US too. CPH and ARN passport control don't seem to care too much about such letters for non-stops to the US. US CBP also rarely cares and goes mostly based on passengers' demeanor although saying you have a letter can be enough or useful at times anyway. If going via other countries, letter necessity varies based on national policy and also in practice.

I also suggest getting a parental letter giving you medical authorization decisions for the child while in the US.

Last edited:

mano81

Medlem
Thank you! Haha, no I think he is not there for the guns but mostly for the brand somehow. We are going to one on Long Island before going to an Islanders game so it's all planned :) Thanks for the link and the recommendation about medical authorization decisions as well!

Toppen