Senaste nytt

Lufthansa - Abrupt connecting flight cancellation

Sheetal

Ny medlem
Hej, Hoppas att ni mår bra :) Ursäkta jag kommer att skriva på engelska för att förklara mig tydligare.

We are due to travel to India in December (tickets booked in September) to visit our family after 2 years, but all of sudden our connecting flight to Mumbai, India from Frankfurt is cancelled (same for the return flight). Of course, Lufthansa informed us well in "advance", with an option to get a refund for this cancellation.

We would like to travel as it is not a pleasure trip, but more to meet our parents. I have been looking at other airlines if anything is available, but either price are killing or no availability at all. Not sure what to do in this case.

Is it a normal case to cancel connecting files without offering alternatives?

Senator

It looks like the Lufthansa Group has pulled all flights from India in December and January. Not only that, I see the same across KLM and Air France as well to BOM. European carriers seem unwilling to serve India currently.

Your best choices are Emirates and Qatar. Unfortunately, yes Lufthansa can do this. I don’t envy your predicament, we spent almost 20 months apart from my parents and they are just across in Norway.

Right now as during much of the pandemic, we need to rely on Emirates and Qatar to keep routes open around the world.

I would look at what days are most favorably priced and travel those days.

taxvalp

Medlem
Jag måste medge att jag inte har stenkoll på hur priserna ligger normalt för flyg Stockholm-Mumbai, men enligt Google flights verkar det finnas biljetter med hyggliga tider med Oman Air/Qatar Airways.

bom.png

airac

Medlem
Check if Lufthansa rebook you on this, but it´s a longshot because it outside Star Alliance. But explain your situation and they might work it out.

Good luck :)
Visa bifogad bild 122980

Visa bifogad bild 122981
We found ourselves in a similar situation trying to get to Minsk, Belarus in September. Flights canceled less than 14 days before departure. Lufthansa first agent agreed to rebook on Turkish Airlines (an alliance, code share and interline partner), but the reservation he made for us never got ticketed.

I spent several days on the phone with multiple agents and supervisors, but the summary is that they only rebook onto Lufthansa group (eg Swiss, Austrian) flights, unless cancellations occur less than 24hr before departure. This is their internal policy, star gold status or that we held business class tickets did not mean anything.

Legally, they are obligated to offer rerouting, even on different carriers. I am still in legal conflict with them about it. See my posts in the EU261 thread.

Of course, ask and try, but the call center doesn’t do ticketing. Only reservations and the ticketing department has the above mentioned rulebook. If it important to travel, book the most sensible, affordable alternative and then claim the fare difference but prepare for legal action or mediation.

We found ourselves in a similar situation trying to get to Minsk, Belarus in September. Flights canceled less than 14 days before departure. Lufthansa first agent agreed to rebook on Turkish Airlines (an alliance, code share and interline partner), but the reservation he made for us never got ticketed.

I spent several days on the phone with multiple agents and supervisors, but the summary is that they only rebook onto Lufthansa group (eg Swiss, Austrian) flights, unless cancellations occur less than 24hr before departure. This is their internal policy, star gold status or that we held business class tickets did not mean anything.

Legally, they are obligated to offer rerouting, even on different carriers. I am still in legal conflict with them about it. See my posts in the EU261 thread.

Of course, ask and try, but the call center doesn’t do ticketing. Only reservations and the ticketing department has the above mentioned rulebook. If it important to travel, book the most sensible, affordable alternative and then claim the fare difference but prepare for legal action or mediation.
Im sorry, Turkish are known for not accepting rebooking from other airlines. Happened me during the SAS-strike in april 2019 when I tried to get home from Hongkong.

Toppen