Senaste nytt

KLM økonomi. Solidt produkt

pep

Medlem
Fløj fra Rwanda til København med KLM igår. En voldsom forsinkelse klarede de smidigt. En tur, hvor mit netop genvundne FB guldkort virkelig gjorde sit arbejde godt, fik enorm udnyttelse af mine perks/status som elite flier. Sæde 30B i deres A330-200 er et scoop!
Rated 6/10 paa SKYTRAX med Review som følger:

Flew KGL-AMS-CPH with KLM 16 April 2023 on A330-200 and B737 aircrafts. Economy Lite ticket was quite cheap, bought from an OTA and easily handled online on KLMs homepage.

Perks as Flying Blue gold card holder was given throughout from priority, lounge, selecting preferred seat, etc. Check-in online did not work – wasted time on several attempts. However, the check-in KGL was quick and hassle-free. Got option to select a better seat as the flight was full; I chose an exit seat, 30B, which was a real winner and one of very few seats with gorgeous leg space. Such a seat costs 300 EUR if prebooked, but was offered to me during check-in free of charge, likely due to my gold card. This seat, given to me in the last moment, saved my trip as the original seating had changed; the flight had become completely full. I was initially about to be given a seat in a very crowded section near toilets but realised the challenge of a Mission Impossible at Check-In and changed.

Access to KLMs 3rd party Pearl lounge was granted due to my Flying Blue gold card. The lounge is well supplied, but of sparse offerings. Departure from Kigali became 4 hours delayed; however, all delays were properly informed on monitors, by email, and by SMS. That caused me missing my flight in Amsterdam, but I did not stress: just went to the KLM lounge and printed out the revised BPs for the last leg to CPH, which was scheduled ambiently. Enjoyed a solid, nice breakfast in the impressive KLM “52 Lounge” in non-Schengen sector. Passport control and security check took more than an hour; not acceptable.

The serious delay, arose from a wheel puncture while the aircraft stopped over in Zanzibar. It was explained in detail by flight crew and from cockpit. A new flight crew had just boarded in Kigali; they were fresh, well groomed, and well rested. Service was fine, but food provided was very little, though included a small, hot airy pizza (no alternative). The wines offered were of RSA Cape origin: The red wine (Shiraz) was good, while the Chenin Blanc white wine was undrinkable. They were served in well labelled mini-bottles which are a nice touch. The cabin crew differed tremendously in attitude, ranging from the typical, surly, patronising classic Dutch crew, to more modern and empathic types. Initially, I was not recognised as status flyer, but later they found out and provided me a full amenity kit and a Dutch ceramic mini-house as souvenir. Disembarkation in Schiphol was tedious by using busses from a remote stand.

Last flight to CPH was briefly on time, and service on board fine. Luggage handled correctly throughout and arrived in CPH timely, despite having been rebooked and re-labelled. The experience with KLM was good. The serious delay from Africa was well handled: professional and faultless. Will fly again.

Last edited:

pep

Medlem
OT:
Jeg fik mod forventning udbetalt erstatning for forsinket fly. Sendte anmodning igår og allerede idag fik jeg udbetalt en kolossal erstatning. Billetten kostede ca. 725 EUR, saa jeg skammer mig næsten...., tak KLM:

Good morning Mr. Pedersen,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the delay of your flight KL 513 to Amsterdam.
First of all, please accept my apologies on behalf of Air France KLM for the inconvenience you have suffered.
We deeply regret this incident, which should in no way reflect the level of service we wish to offer our passengers.
According to our system, flight KL 513 from Kigali to Amsterdam on April 16, 2023, has been delayed for technical reasons.

I am pleased to inform you that you are entitled to compensation in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 261/2004.
You will find below a confirmation of the requested payment to the bank account indicated: Bankoverførsel Beløb: 4,470 DKK (=600 EUR)

We look forward to serving your travel needs again in the near future and to welcoming you on another of our flights.

Yours sincerely,
A. PIERROT
Your Air France KLM Customer Service Assistant

pep

Medlem
Hjemtur. Rated 8/10 på SKYTRAX. Uden FB gold havde det været en skrækkelig tur, men de perks, der foelger guldkortet, gør selv en økonomi rejse absolut tålelig...30 timer før afgang kan man vælge og vrage med seating. I mit tilfælde nåede jeg at flygte fra et midtersæde i en overfyldt bagende og endte med 16F fra CPH (nødadgang) og 7A (eco-comfort) på den lange tur...

KLM Economy 8/10
Flew CPH-AMS-KGL with KLM 3rd May 2023 on B737-800 and A330-200 aircrafts, respectively. Ticket bought from Ticket.com and easily handled online on KLMs homepage. Check-in online with success, but it does not reduce check-in time in Airport, so it just wastes time. Luggage checked in the whole way and delivered perfectly in Kigali. Seat choice functions well and is free to Flying Blue (elite) card holders. As both flights became almost full, I had to change my seats accordingly; eventually I got a (5 cm only) more spacious “Economy Comfort” seat which almost reassembles “Premium Economy”, which is a class higher. On the short haul I picked a declinable exit seat and had the whole row to myself. Lounges in Copenhagen (Aviator, 2 choices) and in Amsterdam (4 choices) are both nice and provide excellent breakfast. They open as early as 5 a.m., which made use possible. In the KLM Lounge 52 in Amsterdam, there is a new hype with their extremely popular Mimosa drink (champagne with 25% orange juice, blended, not stirred). Full catering service onboard on both flights, even the short haul to Amsterdam. FAs were good and energetic, particularly on the short haul. On the long haul, however, some cabin crew tend to patronise the passengers. Onboard supplies are quite sparse, unless one pushes. Call buttons are only answered after long time waits. Long haul rendered 2 hot meal services, but the food is not good, apart from the starters (Mediterranean Mezze). I tried both main dishes offered at lunch and they were both disappointing. They offer hot and soft drinks but also Heineken and (cheap) wines onboard; however, the red wine is somehow good (Shiraz from South Africa). I brought along my own glasses as I refrain drinking from paper mugs. Cutlery is made of wood. IFE (only longhaul) is good; bring your own headset.
Conclusion: Recommended. All flights on time. Value for money. As usual, luggage was handled correct. Catering is clearly subpar compared to other legacy carriers. Big advantage to be frequent flyer, especially elite, which allow for amble seat choice and fills you up in the lounges prior to be airborne.

Toppen