Senaste nytt

American Express credit cards exposed in vendor data breach

Hachans

Medlem
Någon har troligtvis hittat mina kortuppgifter via en tredjepartssida och som de på Amex sade lyckats lägga in kortet i Apple Pay utan koden som skickas via SMS.

De hittar ingen annan förklaring och det är väldigt svårt att spåra. De kunde såklart heller inte uttala sig om den informationen när de blivit hackade, men värt att kika igenom historik för udda köp.

Det låter ju tämligen konstigt att någon skulle snott dina kontaktuppgifter för att göra några småinköp på Ica och tanka bilen. Dessutom relativt nära där du bor.

Ingen tonåring hemma med moppe som norpat dit kort till sin egen telefon.

Anders5

Medlem
Det låter ju tämligen konstigt att någon skulle snott dina kontaktuppgifter för att göra några småinköp på Ica och tanka bilen. Dessutom relativt nära där du bor.

Eller ärvt/lånat någon Apple-pryl?

Tevyn

Medlem
Min teori är att de körde mindre köp för att minska risken för upptäckt, sen brände de sig genom att tanka och ett stort belopp reserverades. Fysiska kortet i sig har inte använts på väldigt länge utan ligger i ett skåp hemma, har inga barn eller liknande som kan ha snott det.

Att det skulle gå ett SMS till min mac som raderas automatiskt är inte omöjligt men det förutsätter att den är upplåst och att de har tillgång till mitt kort/mina kortuppgifter samtidigt. Känns osannolikt då kortet legat i ett skåp hemma så pass länge och i princip aldrig varit med när jag haft med mig datorn!

guwonder

Medlem

Good idea to check with the family members or other co-habitants to see if they had the Amex card with ApplePay on their devices.

Card fraud is often done by first testing with small purchases and scaling up purchases to try to delay or avoid hitting a credit/charge limit, purchase alerts or systemic anti-fraud safety measures that can lead to a stolen card account being flagged for misuse and blocked sooner than later.

Thieves in the stolen card (info) market try to get some use of the card info to make sure it works and to get some use out of it before it gets blocked.

Most of the unauthorized charges that I’ve seen hit friend and family members’ credit cards whose info was stolen in the last 10 years have been what I consider relatively small and common purchases that then build up to bigger amounts over the day or over a few days. The card thieves do not seem to rush or even go to make very expensive purchases at the local equivalent of Elgiganten. Instead the thieves run purchases at the kind of places where a typical household would more likely to be shopping repeatedly in a month.

Personally, I find it better for me to use Apple Pay whenever I can.

Hachans

Medlem
Good idea to check with the family members or other co-habitants to see if they had the Amex card with ApplePay on their devices.

Card fraud is often done by first testing with small purchases and scaling up purchases to try to delay or avoid hitting a credit/charge limit, purchase alerts or systemic anti-fraud safety measures that can lead to a stolen card account being flagged for misuse and blocked sooner than later.

Thieves in the stolen card (info) market try to get some use of the card info to make sure it works and to get some use out of it before it gets blocked.

Most of the unauthorized charges that I’ve seen hit friend and family members’ credit cards whose info was stolen in the last 10 years have been what I consider relatively small and common purchases that then build up to bigger amounts over the day or over a few days. The card thieves do not seem to rush or even go to make very expensive purchases at the local equivalent of Elgiganten. Instead the thieves run purchases at the kind of places where a typical household would more likely to be shopping repeatedly in a month.

Personally, I find it better for me to use Apple Pay whenever I can.

I know card fraud generally works like that.

That’s why it seems a bit unlikely, but not impossible of course, that stolen card details published online would wind up close to where the owner lives if he was hacked. Why go through all this trouble and get the card details through a previously unheard and thought impossible hack, just to do small purchases in a nearby grocery store and gas station.

It’s something that doesn’t add up and I’m not sure what it is. But it feels like the explanation will be simple once all the details are out.

Jag fick just en notification med den lilla wallet-ikonen som dock var ett (legitimt köp) med enbart kortnummer och CVV. Jag ser dock en annan specifik ApplePay-logga i Amex-appen för de transaktioner som är med ApplePay.
Alltså, lita inte på notification för att avgöra om det är ApplePay eller ej.

Toppen