Senaste nytt

Nordic Choice Hotels blir Strawberry

hco

Medlem
Ser fram emot att kunna växla poäng (aka gubbar) mot presentkort hos Preferred Hotels.

"New partner: Preferred Hotels.
Soon members of Strawberry will be able to exchange their bonus points for Preferred Hotels gift cards. Go ahead and treat yourself to a fabulous adventure outside the Nordics!"

Utanför Norden, ja. Men inte i hela Preferreds utbud ser det ut som tyvärr.

Eftersom det är just presentkort/gift cards som gubbarna växlas mot antar (gissar) jag att det är samma villkor som för Preferreds befintliga I Prefer Gift Cards. Vilka har förbehållet:

"An I Prefer Gift Card can be redeemed at most Participating Hotels in the I Prefer Program at the time of payment and as currently listed at iprefer.com or staybeyondgreen.com. I Prefer hotels in the following countries and regions DO NOT currently accept the I Prefer Gift Card: China, Japan, India, the Middle East, and Africa."

Plus är dock att:
"Gift Cards do not expire."

Gift card Terms & Conditions:

Det kunde ha varit så att vi fått växla våra gubbar mot Preferreds I Prefer-poäng men så verkar det inte bli. Lite slarvigt uttryckt i Strawberrys egen press release kanske:

"Till exempel får medlemmar i Strawberry använda bonuspoäng på Preferred Hotels när de vill bo något av deras 650 unika hotell i världen."

Men jag ska inte vara för negativ. Visst, vi har inte sett vilken växlingskurs vi får än men jag ser fram emot möjligheten att använda poä.. förlåt, gubbar utanför Europa!

Mer detaljer finns i I Prefer FAQ:n. Bland annat läser jag det som att presenkort INTE kan användas för online-bokningar/betalningar. De kan enbart användas för betalning när man befinner sig fysiskt vid front desk. Inte så 2023 kanske men men ska som sagt inte klaga för mycket. Urval från FAQ:n:

Where can I use an I Prefer Gift Card?
I Prefer Gift Cards can be used at most participating I Prefer hotels under these brands: Preferred Hotels & Resorts, Historic Hotels, and Beyond Green.
I Prefer hotels in the following countries and regions DO NOT currently accept the I Prefer Gift Card: China, Japan, India, the Middle East, and Africa.

What can an I Prefer Gift Card be used for?
At participating properties, I Prefer eGift Cards may be used for eligible stays and select services. Gift cards may not be used for room tax, bookings made via Online Travel Agencies, banquets, events, or any pre-paid charges (including room charges). Please note that use of the I Prefer Gift Card is at the discretion of the hotel and may vary by property. It is recommended that you contact a hotel directly prior to your visit to confirm their gift card acceptance and guidelines.

How do I use my I Prefer Gift Card?
I Prefer Gift Cards are ready to use immediately. Present the email (either printed or on your mobile device) that you received with the eGift Card Number to the hotel’s front desk upon check out.

Can I use an I Prefer Gift Card to make a booking, either to guarantee or pre-pay for a room reservation?
No.

Can I use an I Prefer Gift Card at locations that do not accept payment in USD?
Yes. If the Gift Card is applied to a charge in a different currency than USD, the hotel will convert the card value at the current exchange rate.

Do I have to use the entire value of the Gift Card at once?
No, your I Prefer Gift Card can be used for multiple transactions. The amount of each purchase will be deducted from the card balance until the full value has been redeemed.

Hela FAQ:n https://giftcards.iprefer.com/faq.html

Jag har inte hittat något om man tjänar I Preferred-poäng vid betalning av hotell med presentkort. Inte helt omöjligt, vi får se!

intuition

Medlem
Hittar inte heller Choice Europa-bokningar längre.
Även tidigare direkt-länk till europa-boknigen går nu till norden-bokningen så det känns absolut som att man medvetet tagit bort det.

Lite på skoj (sorry, tveksamt utfall!) så tog jag mig friheten att kalla Strawberry-poängen för "gubbar" (jordgubbar).

Tänker att nån från Strawberry läser här och kan inspireras. =)
Aha!

Toppen