Senaste nytt

Vad händer med SAS och Eurobonus när Air France/KLM köpt in sig?

palmen

Lägger detta som en separat tråd då informationen är viktig och dessa frågor har nog ställts 100 ggr senaste dygnet.
Förhoppningsvis kan folk bli mindre oroliga av denna information samt att man inte hittar på en massa saker som man tror ska hända och sprider falsk information

(scrolla långt ner på sidna för att se FAQ)

EUROBONUS Q&A - SAS EVENTUALLY INTENDS TO LEAVE STAR ALLIANCE AND JOIN SKYTEAM​

On October 3rd 2023, SAS announced the intention to eventually join SkyTeam and leave Star Alliance. For now the EuroBonus program remains unchanged. We will keep you informed about what to expect over the coming months and will provide updates continuously on the EuroBonus website.

What will happen to EuroBonus?​

• No changes are being made to the program and EuroBonus will remain SAS's loyalty program. As a member, you will continue to earn and use points on SAS as today. Your status and benefits as a EuroBonus member when you fly with SAS will not be impacted.
  • Delivering an attractive loyalty program to SAS's loyal customers will remain the top priority for us and our new owners, even after SAS changes ownership and alliance.
  • SAS intends to eventually leave Star Alliance and join SkyTeam, and adjustments to the program will be made accordingly. As long as SAS is a member of Star Alliance, EuroBonus members can continue to enjoy the same benefits as they do today when flying on a Star Alliance partner airline.

What will happen to my EuroBonus points?​

No changes are made to your EuroBonus points. You will keep all points earned until now and will continue to earn and use points just like today.

What will happen to my EuroBonus tier status?​

No changes are made to your EuroBonus tier status. You will retain your status and your progress made during your qualification period. Requirements to reach each tier level and benefits included in each tier remain the same.

What will happen to my EuroBonus Lifetime Gold status?​

No changes are made to the EuroBonus Lifetime Gold program. EuroBonus Lifetime Gold memberships will be honored even after SAS joins SkyTeam, and all progress made towards Lifetime Gold will be kept.

Do I keep my status benefits when I travel on another Star Alliance partner airline?​

While SAS remains part of Star Alliance, you will enjoy the same status benefits as you do today when you fly with a Star Alliance partner.
When SAS eventually joins SkyTeam, you will also be able to enjoy similar status benefits across the extensive SkyTeam network.

Can I still earn points when I fly on another Star Alliance carrier?​

While SAS remains part of Star Alliance, you will be able to earn EuroBonus Basic points when flying on a Star Alliance airline partner flights.

What will happen to my existing Star Alliance award bookings?​

Existing bookings remain unchanged and will be honored even if you fly after SAS eventually leaves Star Alliance.

Can I still use my points to redeem on other Star Alliance carriers?​

While SAS remains part of Star Alliance, we will allow you to use EuroBonus points to book Star Alliance award trips.

Can I still earn points on credits cards and other non-airline partners?​

Yes.

Can I still use my EuroBonus points on non-airline partners such as rental cars or hotels?​

Yes.

What about other Star Alliance partner members flying on SAS?​

While SAS remains part of Star Alliance, members of other Star Alliance member programs will keep their status benefits while flying on SAS, and will be able to spend their miles/points on SAS flights.

NotRyan

Medlem
Jag vet inte om FB Platinum for life skulle vara så mycket svårare att uppnå än EB Gold for life (10 år i rad som Platinum)

Platinum upprätthålls med 300 XP per år, dessutom är det rollover så man skulle kunna tjäna in 3280 XP första året och få Platinum for life efter 10 år utan att flyga mer.

300 XP är fem t.o.r inom Europa i Business med två landsgränspassager per håll.

Taggen

Medlem
Jag vet inte om FB Platinum for life skulle vara så mycket svårare att uppnå än EB Gold for life (10 år i rad som Platinum)

Platinum upprätthålls med 300 XP per år, dessutom är det rollover så man skulle kunna tjäna in 3280 XP första året och få Platinum for life efter 10 år utan att flyga mer.

300 XP är fem t.o.r inom Europa i Business med två landsgränspassager per håll.
Fast du behöver flyga för att nå platinum. Med rätt upplägg behöver du inte flyga för att nå EBG.

Parts

Medlem
Är det inte lite naivt att tro att inget kommer hända? Det finns INGEN försäkring att de inte ändrar sig "down the line".
Jag är bombsäker på att det kommer bli förändringar och mot det sämre.

De skriver själva att så länge SAS är med i Star Alliance så kan du nyttja poängen. Den dagen SAS lämnar. Vad händer då? Inga svar.
Mest troligt är att man kan växla in sina Eurobonuspoäng mot AF/KL motsvarighet. Men den växlingen kan (och kommer troligen) vara med en dålig kurs.
Genom SAS historia finns det inget som bevisar att SAS bryr sig om sina Eurobonuskunder, allt har bara försämras år efter år.

Vi måste förstå att SAS inte kan säga något annat än "no changes" tills de vet ifall affären går igenom i olika instanser (konkurrensverket på EU/USA nivå). Dumt att skrämma iväg alla kunder innan det är en säker affär.

Toppen