Senaste nytt

United Polaris Lounge på Chicago Ohare

guwonder

Medlem
Its two separate bookings indeed. Good to hear its still possible. What do you mean by record locators? PNR? So that and ticket numbers, got it! Last time I messed up because the name was slightly different in the two bookings and so that didnt work. This time its the same name. Should I reference to their webpage if they say it cant be done? Maybe not neccessary.

Record locator = PNR indeed.

I used to take along a PDF of the website page that covered the policy and had the Star file number UA had for such situations, but UA agents even at small outstations across the US know the policy with checking in bags across tickets and have made it work without me needing to document the policy for them over at least the last several years of my doing this a lot.

Same names and name arrangement on each of the ticketed PNRs is indeed very helpful to make it work.

Hachans

Medlem
UA at ATL can check in bags onto SAS even when having separately ticketed itineraries as long as all flights are Star Alliance flights and you’re not dealing with any overnight layovers en route from ATL to ARN. Give them extra time at ATL and have a printout of both of your ticketed itineraries and circle the record locators and ticket numbers. Then give that to the UA agent. Make sure to check that the bag tags and claim checks show ARN as the final destination.

Then also confirm at the SAS gate for the SAS flight to make sure that SAS have the bag and bag tags in the SAS system and your booking

There’s absolutely no guarantee they will do this. They might, if you ask nice, but they’re under no obligation and if it’s busy and they’re in a mood you can forget about it.

mha321

Medlem
Curious about why the colleague got turned away and who turned the colleague away at ORD. Could it have been related to the colleague’s PreCheck status, the Precheck lines, or checkpoint hours of operation? That I have seen sometimes be an issue with regular security at ORD and then it can mean being redirected by the contractors or the TSA’s ID checkers to another screening checkpoint in the same terminal.

Not sure. It wouldn't have been hours I think, as it was late afternoon iirc when all should be open. I myself was already inside waiting for a different flight, so I wasn't actually present.

Being Swedish he would've known to stay away from the pre-check lines.

guwonder

Medlem
There’s absolutely no guarantee they will do this. They might, if you ask nice, but they’re under no obligation and if it’s busy and they’re in a mood you can forget about it.

When dealing with people, very little is absolutely guaranteed; and yet the policy UA has is what it is and UA’s practice very much adheres to that policy as long as there is enough time for even a newbie UA check-in agent to figure it out — with the support line call if necessary — before baggage cut-off time hits.

I have so many occasions of having
done this with UA in the last 10 years with UA on one ticket and SK or other European Star Alliance carriers on another ticket across at least 15 UA stations that I would be surprised if UA were to tell me no at this point unless and until UA’s policy changes. And contrary to some perception, I am not so lucky that I could have gotten this to work so many times in a row at UA stations in the US without being hit by any experience to the contrary at UA stations in the US.

The US TATL flying airline which does fail to abide by its own policy to check luggage across tickets for me in the US: Delta, sometimes; UA never in at least ten years; and AA, unfortunately, never (as they have the most hostile policy of the US3 airlines when it comes to checking bags across separate tickets) but they are very consistent. Show up an extra hour early at the UA check-in counter at ATL, and it should go over fine and probably have more time to use a lounge or otherwise linger around airside at ATL.

Last edited:

AndersSt

Medlem
Aldrig haft problem i den United Premier security som är längst till vänster i T1. Ibland får man peka och visa var det står star gold på boarding kortet för de är vana att bara leta efter "Premier access", men det är en officiell gold track så bara de har hittat det brukar det vara lugnt. Har aldrig fått met än en "du vet att du flyger från en annan terminal?" och då förklarat just Lounge + tar bussen.

De uppgraderade United Club som finns i T1 är överlägsna sas loungen på de flesta sätt så även utan polaris är det värt det om man har mycket tid tycker jag.
Tack för tipset, det gick bra att ta Premier Security, fick visa guldstatus separat fast det stod på boardingpass. Säga vad man vill om United Club, men bra mycket luftigare än SAS lounge i T5. Det blev en snabb sväng inom SAS lounge ändå eftersom boarding var försenad.

Bussen airside mellan T1 och T5 tog knappt 15min. Om man som jag är väldigt flygintresserad, tog det alldeles för kort tid. Kryssa fram mellan alla möjliga flygplanstyper på nära håll hade nästan varit värt att betala extra för. :)

Capa

Medlem
OK so all is well that ends well. The United agent at ATL had to Ask her supervisor to interline the luggage all the way through to ARN. After a couple of attempts she managed to fix everything. Now Im at Polaris ORD. Crowded but good. They recommend leaving for the airside bus 1 hour before boarding. Sounds early? Im not beting against :). They say the bus is leaving from B1, is that correct?

zippan

Medlem
OK so all is well that ends well. The United agent at ATL had to Ask her supervisor to interline the luggage all the way through to ARN. After a couple of attempts she managed to fix everything. Now Im at Polaris ORD. Crowded but good. They recommend leaving for the airside bus 1 hour before boarding. Sounds early? Im not beting against :). They say the bus is leaving from B1, is that correct?
Med en timme så har du gott om tid. Bussen går från B1.

Capa

Medlem
Med en timme så har du gott om tid. Bussen går från B1.

Hon sa senast 45 min innan boarding. Man kan ha otur och missa bussen plus att det kan vara stopp på tarmac om det är rusningstid. Planen går före såklart så bussen får vänta. Aja, vi kör på 45 min innan. Det är sjukt mycket folk idag i Polaris, 1h kö till restaurangen och kön till toaletterna går hela vägen ut till receptionen

guwonder

Medlem
If the airside inter-terminal transfer bus is counted as full before you get to board it, then it’s indeed a wait until the next one (or a land-side transfer with having to re-clear security).

Toppen