Senaste nytt

How to determine the class (letters) when booking through TAP?

Felipe

Medlem
The prices don't match exactly with what I see on TAP's website, so how to know how to look properly? Should I be looking for something else other than the price?
Ah cool. Thanks! That is helpful.

1704720623528.png

So it seems it would be booking class O if I chose this "Basic" fare. But letter "O" doesn't even show up in SAS table! Does that mean I'd get no points at all for these flights?

Felipe

Medlem
These are the valid fares for your dates, ticketing today, I am looking in expertflyer.com. This is an example where it can be beneficial to use a travel-agent to get the booking-classes you prefer.

Visa bifogad bild 149133
Strange! Apparently there's no options that would give 100% miles then (B, H, M, Q, V, Y). Trying to book through TAP Facebook Chat now since calling them was not that helpful.
TAP booking class O earns zero miles to Eurobonus.
That's insane! There should be an easier way of checking this, I wonder how many people fly thinking they are earning miles but are not.

That's not very helpful since miles earned through credit cards do not count towards keeping/upgrading your status, except SAS MC, which I am already using. but still not enough to get me the points I need.
AMEX elite also gives you status points. Btw, consider switching to Aegean Miles+Bonus instead, much easier to maintain status through flying than Eurobonus.

Felipe

Medlem
AMEX elite also gives you status points. Btw, consider switching to Aegean Miles+Bonus instead, much easier to maintain status through flying than Eurobonus.
I also have AMEX Elite, it doesn't give status points on every purchase, but a fixed amount that is not enough to keep gold by itself.
Thanks for the Aegean Miles+ tip, will look into the program and might switch to it after SAS leaves Star Alliance, but I am focusing on SAS now because I want the lifetime gold.

folo

Medlem
If I recall correctly points accrual in other FFPs than TAP's own is determined by fare basis rather than booking class (despite the SAS website stating otherwise). See the links to FT in the thread linked earlier in this thread.

A fairly qualified guess would be that the Plus fare yields 100% on EB, no matter the booking class. Any fare basis containing "PU" as can be seen in the Expertflyer excerpt probably is a Plus ticket.

Felipe

Medlem
If I recall correctly points accrual in other FFPs than TAP's own is determined by fare basis rather than booking class (despite the SAS website stating otherwise). See the links to FT in the thread linked earlier in this thread.

A fairly qualified guess would be that the Plus fare yields 100% on EB, no matter the booking class. Any fare basis containing "PU" as can be seen in the Expertflyer excerpt probably is a Plus ticket.

Yeah, I saw comments around this in multiple places as well, that the points TAP credits are not directly related to your ticket class, they kinda come up with a new booking class when sending it to the partner. I really wish there was a way to be sure I'd get the 100%. I'm really afraid I'll pay the extra for "Plus" and not get the 100%, and it would be such a waste.

Toppen