Senaste nytt

FHR med Amex Platinum

bvs

Medlem
Bodde en natt på Lydmar i veckan bokat via FHR, samma pris som att boka direkt med hotellet. Tidig incheckning, uppgradering, sen utcheckning och $100 som vi brände på champagne och öl från minibaren. De gick även igenom allt i detalj när vi checkade in.

mrestes

Medlem
The FHR benefits stack reliably for me with Strawberry elite status benefits at Strawberry hotels. The only issue I have with how FHR rates work with Strawberry properties is that the Strawberry points credited to my account sometimes seem to be far fewer than what I had expected.
I see a great deal for At Six via FHR (400 sek cheaper than classictravel and only 100 sek more than Strawberry price WITHOUT breakfast or 100 USD Credit).

It would be great to know what you did to stack the benefits Guwonder? I am Gold at Strawberry so I would love to get an even better room upgrade plus the 125 sek a night. Any suggestions? Did you just inform the front desk at checkin?
Thanks in advance.

mrestes

Medlem
Någon som vet hur det fungerar om man bokar 2 separata rum via FHR för samma natt? Får man 1 voucher på 100 USD per rum eller bara 1 voucher för hela bokningen?

guwonder

Medlem
I see a great deal for At Six via FHR (400 sek cheaper than classictravel and only 100 sek more than Strawberry price WITHOUT breakfast or 100 USD Credit).

It would be great to know what you did to stack the benefits Guwonder? I am Gold at Strawberry so I would love to get an even better room upgrade plus the 125 sek a night. Any suggestions? Did you just inform the front desk at checkin?
Thanks in advance.

At check-in, I show the check-in personnel my Strawberry membership info on the app and ask them to load in my membership number for the mobile key. Then they see the Strawberry status and the strawberry status benefit spending voucher is in the app for direct use separate and above that of the $100 DKK-equivalent benefit from the FHR rate. The $100 DKK-equivalent benefit I use by having stuff billed to the room to use that amount after ordering and consuming the food and beverages. The 125 DKK in-app voucher I use directly at time of ordering so they can charge it to the voucher directly from my hitting the use voucher button on the Strawberry app when the waiter/bartender tells me to do so.

Say hi to the chia coconut oatmeal thing for me at breakfast. :D

guwonder

Medlem
Någon som vet hur det fungerar om man bokar 2 separata rum via FHR för samma natt? Får man 1 voucher på 100 USD per rum eller bara 1 voucher för hela bokningen?
When each room has its own separate FHR reservation from the start and remains separate, then at least sometimes it has worked to get that included dining amenity once per each room for the stays. The key thing was to confirm with check-in staff at check-in if each reservation gets its own separate dining amenity benefit and then when wanting to use the benefit make sure to separate the bill so that some charge goes to one room number and the other charge goes to the other room number when settling the bill/tab at the restaurant/bar.

IIRC, the complication with Strawberry is this: for any given registered Strawberry member no more than one room at a hotel is entitled by the program to earn points and get Strawberry status benefits at the same time. Not sure how much they adhere to that.

I have found some Strawberry hotels now sometimes seem to pre-load Strawberry account number based on email listed in the reservations we have made via non-Strawberry booking channels. I guess maybe they could have pre-loaded the number based on name alone, but that could be a problem in some cases as Johan Anderssons, for example, are many.

mrestes

Medlem
When each room has its own separate FHR reservation from the start and remains separate, then at least sometimes it has worked to get that included dining amenity once per each room for the stays. The key thing was to confirm with check-in staff at check-in if each reservation gets its own separate dining amenity benefit and then when wanting to use the benefit make sure to separate the bill so that some charge goes to one room number and the other charge goes to the other room number when settling the bill/tab at the restaurant/bar.

IIRC, the complication with Strawberry is this: for any given registered Strawberry member no more than one room at a hotel is entitled by the program to earn points and get Strawberry status benefits at the same time. Not sure how much they adhere to that.

I have found some Strawberry hotels now sometimes seem to pre-load Strawberry account number based on email listed in the reservations we have made via non-Strawberry booking channels. I guess maybe they could have pre-loaded the number based on name alone, but that could be a problem in some cases as Johan Anderssons, for example, are many.
Ok. In this case the second room will be occupied by my daughter who has her own Gold level status with strawberry but she doesn't have FHR because she doesn't have an Amex Platinum. From what I can see the only way to book with FHR is if you have amex platinum or cention

guwonder

Medlem
Ok. In this case the second room will be occupied by my daughter who has her own Gold level status with strawberry but she doesn't have FHR because she doesn't have an Amex Platinum. From what I can see the only way to book with FHR is if you have amex platinum or cention

Indeed it’s an Amex Plat or Centurion card needed in order to make the booking. But actual payment at the hotels for FHR bookings can also be made with other Amex cards beside Platinum/Centurion.

It may be worth a call to Amex and see what the Amex FHR-booking live agents say over the phone and book over the phone instead of online.

I am curious if Virtuoso travel agents have pretty much the same kind of arrangement with the At Six hotel as Amex FHR has with the hotel. If so and going that way, then she wouldn’t need any Amex card whatsoever to perhaps get the same kind of benefits as on an FHR rate plan,

Toppen