Senaste nytt

Chicago Ohare Check in counter hours

guwonder

Medlem
Thanks for the reply folks - all very helpful. I never thought I would be bringing ashes back to Denmark (wife grew up there before marrying a Yank and moving to the U.S.A. long ago). She has a friend who is much older and getting near the end of her life and has the same wishes - to have ashes returned to Denmark. The draw to come back home to the place of their upbringing is strong. I wonder how common this is. Possibly common enough for SAS to provide guidance on their website ( thank you andreas). The transportation urn is actually made of cardboard tube with a beautiful seaside scene printed on the tube so it should be scannable for the TSA. Pretty fitting for him as he was a ships pilot out on the sea for years. Thanks again for your help.

A minority of naturalized Americans and US permanent residents born abroad do choose to be buried in their country of birth so as to be buried closer to their own deceased parents or siblings or where they were born, but it’s not rare. It’s more rare for immigrants to the US to wish for burial abroad if they have most or all of their children and grandchildren in the US. It also seems to vary based on whether there is a living spouse still or what has happened to the remains of a deceased spouse of the widow/widower.

It’s far easier and cheaper to fly cremated ashes domestically and internationally than to fly uncremated remains for burial abroad.

Toppen