SAS EuroBonus medlemsvillkor skrev:3. Using points
3.1 Unless otherwise stated benefits and points can be used only by the member personally or his/her closest family.
3.2 Members/legal guardians must ensure that the pin code is not used illegally. SAS bears no responsibility for any consequences of illegal use of the pin code. Members/legal guardians bear full responsibility for taking advantage of the points and benefits whether the member or another person is using them. Misuse is defined in section 1.7. Tickets and documents are sent only to the member’s registered address/email address.
3.3 The number of offers is limited and can be used provided availability. Seats, rooms, cars etc. can be available for regular purchase even though not available for points/as special offer. Some service benefits do not apply to trips paid with points.
3.4 Points cannot be used in combination with cash, discount offers, coupons or other special offers, unless otherwise stated. In case of rebooking and/or cancellation, only valid points are transferred back to the member’s account (expired points cannot be reused).
3.5 Cancellations through EuroBonus Member Service must be made via telephone, not via email or fax if fewer than seven days remains before the offer is to be used. Only bookings made online can be cancelled online. Valid tickets/documents for cancelled offers must be returned to SAS to obtain a refund. When booking or making changes to offers, the member/legal guardian must take into account the opening hours of EuroBonus Member Service and/or allow time for the postal service to deliver the document. Documents that are stolen or lost before the trip or before the offer should be used, are replaced if possible. Charges and fees may apply.
3.6 Points can be used only as payment for tickets/vouchers issued by SAS EuroBonus and in some cases by EuroBonus partners. Points can be used to purchase a Regular ticket wholly or partly or to purchase a EuroBonus ticket. Different rules apply for Regular tickets and EuroBonus tickets as described in section 3.7 below. Travel agencies are not entitled to issue tickets or vouchers in exchange for points.
3.7 Unless otherwise stated:
For a Regular ticket, paid wholly or partly with points, the rules for the Regular ticket apply as described in the fare rules provided when booking the Regular ticket and not the rules for EuroBonus tickets as described below.
EuroBonus tickets and offers:
- Can be cancelled up to one (1) working day before they should have been used.
- Rebooking is, provided the points are still valid, allowed up to one (1) working day before the offer in question must be used (expired points cannot be reused).
- Points cannot be transferred back after an activity has commenced, and a return trip cannot be rebooked or refunded.
- Special rules regarding the minimum duration of a stopover may apply.
- If there is less than one (1) working day before a EuroBonus trip, or arrival at the hotel, the points are not transferred back to the member’s EuroBonus account in case of cancellation.
- If a member or other person using the member’s points falls ill before a EuroBonus trip, a doctor’s certificate is required for rebooking or for a new ticket/voucher to be issued. This applies provided the points are valid. Expired points cannot be reused. If changes or new documents are required, the local SAS ticket office or EuroBonus member services must be contacted. In the case of the death of a close relative, SAS will, if possible, rebook the return trip of the EuroBonus ticket. SAS reserves the right to choose the airline and itinerary for the return journey.
- If the departure and return destination are not the same, the number of points is calculated on the destination in the point table that requires most points.
3.8 In some countries special rules apply for the taxation of benefits within the framework of bonus programs. These rules are defined by the legislators and apply to bonus programs in general in all airlines, hotel chains, etc. Questions on this issue should be addressed to the national tax authorities. SAS accepts no responsibility for the individual member's tax obligations in connection with these rules. Members intending to earn points for activities paid for by their employer must, in some countries, notify their employer of this in advance. Points earned through business travel cannot be used for private purpose without the employer´s permission. Please note that according to Swedish and Norwegian law, state employees may not make private use of points for flight travel, hotel stays, car rental or other activities that are paid for by their employer. In principle, the same rules apply to Swedish and Norwegian public-sector employees.
SAS Sales Information skrev:The following rules apply for bonus trips:
Rule Comments Child discount Children under the age of 12 have 50% discount on SAS flights (based on the regular amount of points required for the award) Not available on special offers from SAS Infants Infant is free of charge when not occupying a seat of its own Only one infant allowed per passenger Unaccompanied minors (UMNR) An unaccompanied child receives child discount and no service fee is to be charged Booking to be made in the class paid for (even if child discount is applied)
Amadeus AIS pages.
extra seat (EXST)
Passenger traveling on SAS flights requiring an extra seat due to physical size (EXST) will be charged for the extra seat I.e. double award shall be deducted Stopover One stopover on the outbound and return journey is permitted on SAS intercontinental routes. Single Open Jaw (SOJ) Single Open Jaw is permitted Domestic portion of bonus trip Onward travel with SAS within Denmark, Norway or Sweden is free of charge The member shall not be charged for the domestic SK-portion of the bonus trip when the whole journey is made with SAS
- Unless otherwise stated, points can be used by people with whom the member has a close relation, e.g. family and relatives.
- Children 2-11 years get a 50% discount on award flights on selected partners. Infants (up to two years old) travel with you free of charge.
- Flight awards can be booked up to departure provided that the trip can be booked to/from e-ticket destinations.
- Flight awards can be booked online on Blue1, SAS, Wideroe and Estonian Air.
- All other flight partners must be booked through Member Service.
- If outward and homeward travel differs the higher applicable number of points, according to the flight award chart, always applies.
- One stopover on the outward and return journey is permitted on SAS intercontinental routes.
- You can book flights in Economy, Economy Extra or in Business and you can also mix classes if this service is available. The points required split the difference - your EuroBonus account is charged with the normal number for each class, divided by two.
- One-way award travel is available on SAS Group and on Star Alliance flights.
- Rebooking of flight awards is allowed (date & time) up to one 24 hours before the outward departure time, provided that your points have not expired. Once you have started your award trip, return trip cannot be rebooked nor refunded.
- You can change the time and date on your award flights online. To book to another destination, or change to a one-way ticket, call the telephone sales.
- Cancellation of flight/hotel awards is allowed up to 24 hours before the award are to be used. Expired points cannot be reused.
- Car awards, order car voucher online and then book your car of your choice through Avis or Hertz.
- Hotel awards can also be booked online on selected hotel partners.
- A service fee will be charged for cancellations and changes of awards via telephone, e-mail or fax.
- Awards can only be issued by SAS i.e., not by travel agents or other partners.
- SAS can cancel a award at any time if rules are violated.
- The traveler must pay any applicable charges, such as airport taxes or fuel charges.
- One-way or roundtrip, the choice is yours.
- In some cases, there are no direct Star Alliance flights within a zone or between two zones, so you must transit in another zone, which could make the award trip more expensive. Transfer may never be made in a zone more expensive than the destination zone.
- Business Class and First class not available on all routes.
- One award is permitted between maximum two zones, with transfer (of less than 24 hours) in a third zone that must be equally or less expensive than the destination zone.
- A maximum of 8 flight coupons (segments) are permitted per award.
- Awards are subject to availability.
- The traveler must pay any applicable charges, such as airport taxes or fuel charges.
- Taxes and fees are not included in the points level, and are the responsibility of the member.
- Taxes and fees may apply per person in addition to the points required and they vary by route.
- Example: New York - Frankfurt - New York with Lufthansa, in Economy 70 000 points, plus € 492 in taxes & fees.
- The exact amount will appear when you book your award trip.
SAS Sales Information skrev:Passenger traveling on SAS flights requiring an extra seat due to physical size (EXST) will be charged for the extra seat
SAS Sales Information skrev:General rules for rebooking or refund on award travel
Changes permitted up to 1 working day up to departure provided that no points have expired at date of change.
- If ticket has been issued only date and/or time may be changed.
- Changes made less than 7 days before outbound journey starts must be made by phone NOT e-mail or fax.
Pandion-members (EBP) can refund/rebook an awardtrip up to outbound departure
Note 1: Expired points will never be refunded or extended
Note 2: After outbound journey has commenced return flight cannot be rebooked or refunded due to illness
SAS EuroBonus skrev:Countries in Star Alliance award zones
Albania, Armenia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia-Hercegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark*, Estonia, Finland*, France, Georgia, Germany*, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Netherlands, Norway*, Poland, Portugal (excl. Azores, Madeira), Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Serbia-Montenegro , Spain (incl. Balearics, excl. Canary Islands), Sweden*, Switzerland, Turkey, United KIngdom and Ukraine.
* Exception: Award flights between Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Germany, Economy 30 000 points & Business 50 000 points.
Domestic travel in selected countries
Austria, Germany, Greece, Portugal, Switzerland, United Kingdom and Spanish mainland incl. Balearics.
North & Central America
Belize, Canada, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, United States (excl. Hawaii).
South America & Caribbean
Antigua, Argentina, Auruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Bolivia, Brazil, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Cuba, Grenada, Guadaöoupe, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Martinique, Netherlands Antilles, Puerto Rico, St.Lucia, St.Kitts-Nevis, St. Thomas, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Virgin Islands, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela.
North & Central Africa, Middle East
Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Azores (Portugal), Bahrain, Burundi, Cameroon, Canary Islands (Spain), Congo, Cote d'Ivoire, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Madeira, Mauritius, Mozambique, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Qatar, Republic of Cape Verde, Sao Tome and Principe Islands, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Syria, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.
South Africa, Rwanda.
South East Asia
Bangladesh, Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Guam, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mariana Islands, Micronesia, Palau Islands, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
Central Asia & Far East Asia
China (incl. Hong Kong & Macau), Japan, Kazakstan, South Korea, Taiwan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
Australia (incl. Tasmania), Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia (Tahiti), New Caledonia (Noumea), New Zealand, Norfolk Islands, Tonga and Western Samoa.
India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
SAS Sales Information skrev:Airline Partner Information Guide For EuroBonus Award Travel
Airline First Business Economy Child discount Notes Adria Airways (JP) - I X No Air Canada (AC)
Air Canada Jazz
Air Canadian Regional
Central Mountain Air
- I X No Short sell via redemption yes, otherwise long sell. Air China
Air New Zealand (NZ)
Mount Cook Airlines
- I X No Short sell via redemption yes, otherwise long sell. ANA (NH) O I X No
- Short sell via redemption yes, otherwise long sell.
- Domestic JP only to be booked 2 months in advance
- Domestic JP only X-class
Asiana AIrlines (OZ) O I X No Domestic Korea only X-class
N/A I X No Blue1 (KF) N/A
bmi (BD) N/A I X No Brussels Airlines (SN)
Continental Airlines (CO)
Croatia Airlines (OU) N/A
Lufthansa (LH) O I X No LOT Polish Airlines (LO) N/A I X No SAS (SK) N/A I X Yes Shanghai Airlines (FM)
Agreement will be terminated 31OCT10 Singapore Airlines (SQ) O I X No South African Airways (SA) O I X No Spanair (JK) N/A I X No Pricing BPJK SWISS (LX) O I X No TAM Airlines (JJ)
TAM Mercosur (PZ)
TAP Portugal (TP) N/A I X No Thai (TG) O I X No Turkish Airlines (TK)
O I X No US Airways (US)
US Airways Express
US Airways Shuttle