Senaste nytt

Chief pilot of destroyed An-225: "We must complete the second Mriya" (videoreportage april 2022)

Största problemet med att bygga klart den andra halvfärdiga maskinen är att det inte finns några serietillverkande delar till planet. Ser man på Airbus och Boeing som är det största tillverkarna av flygplan i världen har de en stor summa av samma del som tillverkas löpande för att hålla ett flöde av reservdelar redo för kunder.

När vi kommer till AN225 kommer allt bli specialbeställts och det kommer driva upp kostnaderna för bygget rejält. Man kan lika jämföra det med när Airbus/Boeing bygger ett nytt plan från grunden har dem en större kostnad för utveckling osv. Nu kommer AN225 ritningar finnas men delar kommer som sagt bli väldigt dyra.

Homer

Medlem
Ytterligare ett reportage, samt intervju med
"Andrii Sovenko, a Kyiv-based engineer and aviation expert who has worked for the Antonov Company since 1987 "

He refers to the second Antonov 225 airframe
"This is a completely finished fuselage, with a new center section already installed on it, as well as the load-carrying structure of the wings and the tail unit. In other words, almost a complete airframe. As far as I know, it was practically undamaged during the Russian artillery bombardment of the plant," says Sovenko.

mer här
Antonov AN-225: Can the world's largest commercial plane ever fly again? | CNN Travel

Homer

Medlem
"The founder of Virgin Galactic, billionaire Richard Branson, came to Ukraine and visited Gostomel,
- the mass media. He was interested in the airfield of the Antonov State Enterprise and the possibilities of its renewal. "
https://t.co/QT9Yd95gNt

FWbLM4BXEAIHclO

Återuppbygga avser nog själva flygplatsen och flygplanet i bakgrunden är nog inte An-225
för det finns en video som visar att resterna flyttades för en månad sedan
A Sad Day As The Destroyed An-225 Is Removed From Gostomel Airport In Kyiv. - YouTube

Homer

Medlem
A year after it was destroyed during the Russian invasion of Ukraine, the Antonov AN-225 – the world’s biggest commercial plane – has taken flight once again in the Microsoft Flight Simulator program.

The game has already resurrected lots of historical aircraft in its virtual skies, but this one’s a little special. All proceeds from the $19.99 add-on go toward the Antonov Company’s real-life efforts to reconstruct the mighty beast known as “Mriya” (Ukrainian for “dream”).
The Microsoft Flight Simulator version of the Antonov AN-225 Mriya comes in six liveries, including classic Antonov Airlines designs and an Xbox Aviators Club one.

The add-on is available now in the Microsoft Flight Simulator in-game marketplace on PC for $19.99 and will be available for Xbox Series X|S and on Xbox Cloud Gaming starting in late March.

Mriya fans can also support the rebuild efforts by building their own models of the iconic craft. Ukrainian startup Metal Time is selling working mechanical design kits of the AN-225 for $99.

Jannes

Medlem
Jag deltog i Metal Time-kampanjen på Indiegogo före jul, och fick mejl igår att de ska börja förbereda leveranser nästa vecka.

Toppen