Senaste nytt

Økonomi-klasse på toppen i tre alliancer

pep

Medlem
Fløj Kigali-Doha-Hanoi-Hue med WB, QR, og VN. Ankom til Hue igaar og troede piloten havde taget fejl, da jeg ikke ku genkende lufthavnen, der er spritny!
Rwandair gav mig et guldkort (i lufthavnen i Kigali) til deres Dreammiles, hvilket gjorde rejsen meget behagelig. Jeg havde således guldkort i alle alliancerne for de 3 flights concerned. Det hjælper tilsyneladende kolossalt og løfter økonomi-klasse til nye højder. I den senere tid har jeg opgivet business klasse, da priserne er blevet udrøje. Samtidigt har jeg omtrent opgivet Star alliance og fokuserer nu pâ de to andre alliancer samt en del "enlige" selskaber, der går langt for at være konkurrencedygtige, eg. PG, WB, Bamboo, og Airlink. Sendte disse 3 reviews til SKYTRAX, de er vistnok alle oploaded:

Rwandair 8/10 Economy
Flew KGL-DOH 12th June 2023 on an award ticket issued by their partner, Qatar Airways. The B737-800 aircraft was aged but clean and well maintained. Night departure, departed on time. Luggage labelled and transferred correctly. Earlier, I complained to Rwandair that they had deprived lounge access to QR (their partner!) gold card holders. They responded swiftly in Kigali, and status-matched me to gold on their own Dream Miles program enabling me to use their lounges, e.g. in Kigali. Their Dream lounge in Kigali is quite good, though far from Worldclass.
Seat choice limited at booking but at check-in everything was possible. Was assigned seat in row 5 just after business class. Later, I negotiated with the cabin crew to grant me one of their two occupied sections (3 seats in a row) though next to toilets in the very rear. Generously, they agreed upon some internal discussion, as they would now have to squeeze while I could stretch out. The crew were all great apart from the arrogant chief purser. I had preordered seafood and was given a large, delicious portion of two salmon steaks. My name and a few details were handwritten on a sticker placed on the cover foil. This “SFML” option is available on many African airlines which supersedes most other carriers. Drinkrounds were frequent and wines were of fair quality. IFE was useless as monitors are few and shared; thus no option apart from watching an American teenage movie. Seats are spacious and footrests helps. Pillows, blankets, headsets given to all. Recommended, despite tickets are pricey on this sector. Business class seats are spacious, but just decliners: hardly worth the extra costs compared to economy.

Qatar Airways Economy 8/10
Doha-Hanoi 13 June 2023 on a B787. Flight on time. Smooth cooperation with their partner Rwandair by whom I arrived with in Doha early morning coming from Kigali. Luggage transfer went smooth, arrived quickly in Hanoi. In Doha I had 12 hours layover; I was eventually denied a hotel stay by carrier but had lounge access to their decent Platinum lounge. Onboard, recognised as elite traveller and was well pampered by professional attendants. They secured me 3 seats in a row by applying seat-block for me as elite flier. The plane was not fully occupied as this is a new, additional flight on this route. IFE of high class and movies renewed frequently. Food onboard improving for QR: 3 offerings at dinner, of which I had two dishes of beef, which was excellent. Beers were, as usual for Qatar Airways, of ridiculous poor quality, while wines were fair, including a sparkling Spanish cava. The wineglasses are so shamelessly stingily small that they embarrass and even humiliate the passengers. They hold 5-8 cl only. The only ones I have seen smaller are Air Chinas’ champagne glasses, which holds 2-4 cl in microscopic sized glasses. The wineglasses on my previous flight, Rwandair, are 4 times larger than those of QR. Amenity kit given though rather useless. A hot snack was offered before morning landing in Hanoi. Recommended, can't obviously demand much more for economy class. But bring onboard your own drinking glasses, slippers, and headset. Qatar Airways' tickets have become too expensive during Corona; appear to be priceleading; this could be fatal for the airline as groundservices remain subpar.

Vietnam Airlines Economy 8/10
Hanoi-Hue 14 June on an A321 well-maintained older aircraft. Arrived to T1 from T2 after international flight. Free terminal bus at Noi Bay airport is very convenient. Check-in easy and superfast for Skypriority card holders, they gave me a spacious seat. Lounge access is not granted to VNs domestic routes unless if arrived on international Skyteam, flight, preferably VN. Paid 20 USD for access to Lotus Lounge which is impressive, large, well-stocked, and truly worth it. Onboard, I got just water and a tissue. However, they have started to push a trolley around for small, additional catering sales. Did not observe in time and lost my chance. Flight almost on time; luggage was present at arrival. Surprised there was an airbridge, then came the big surprise to my day: went into a completely new, stunning, modern airport in Hue. This shocked me completely; it was not there half year ago. Stable, old-fashioned airline, punctual, and good in communication. Generous with luggage. Miles given quickly. Advise: bring your own instant coffee sachets and they’ll make coffee in a paper mug for you onboard. Nice touch!

pep

Medlem
Glemte at sige at jeg maatte aendre alle 3 billetter 4 dage foer aktuel afrejse, pga. noedvendig 4 ugers fremrykning af rejsetidspunkt. Det gik relativt hurtigt og let og var endda gratis for de foerste 2 ben (QRPC award), mens VN chargede mig 10 USD (billetten havde kostet 50 USD). Alt ordnedes online. Held og koncentration does the job..? Billetterne skulle jo passe sammen og f.eks WB har kun 3 afgange per uge pâ denne rute. Med QR skal man passe pâ at undgaa de dyreste award dage, en faelde mange falder i og mister maser af avios...

Last edited:
Toppen