Senaste nytt

Flyvende dansker drager mod Øst til Lunar New Year...

pep

Medlem
BC's udsendte havde en 3 dages rejse fra Kigali til Hue. Rejsen blev unødigt kompliceret af en lille forsinkelse af det 1ste fly, der gav ekko"er for resten af rejsen.
Nedenfor med rødt er den effektuerede rejse, men det blå ben var det tiltænkte. Den store omvej over AMS beviste at SKYTEAM fungerer og bidrog med extra XPs som hjælper mig til Platinum status...
1707466482900.png

Flg. anmeldelser er netop offentliggjort paa SKYTRAX og Tripadvisor. Rating er min overall score ud at 10 mulige:

Kenya Airways Economy 5/10
Kigali-Nairobi-Bangkok 4th Feb. 2024.Ticket cheap, promotional, purchased instantly after KQ resumed their NBO flights to China via Bangkok. Trip started well, check-in in KGL clear though tedious (20-40 minutes per person in Skypriority line!). Luggage inscribed the whole way inclusive of an additional leg to Hanoi on another ticket with Vietnam Airlines, another SkyTeam alliance member. That would ease my transfer in BKK. Later, the trip became an unreasonable lengthy Odyssey over 4 days: due to just a two hours delayed departure from KGL, I missed connection NBO-BKK which was closed at gate (or cancelled; I got different information). First, KQ sent me from the now closed gate 11 in NBO to gate 8 to board with Qatar Airways to DOH and then to HAN (final destination). However, I had to decline as only NBO-DOH was booked and acknowledged by QR. The remaining sector was not booked and QR refused to book me through to Hanoi. Then I had to queue up at KQ-transfer desks, who eventually told me that they alternatively would provide me hotel in Kenya until their next departure 2 days later (!!). On top, they further needed a supervisors approval to this long stay. I would go on next direct flight, but had to await ticket re-issuance. The approval would take hours.

1707466642681.png

In the meantime they sent me to their Prime Lounge in NBO to wait for details. Went airside/landside/airside and had to endure 2 security checks. The details dragged on; however, at 4 a.m. I was, without any dialogue, laconically, sent a rebooked itinerary NBO-AMS by KQ and then AMS-BKK by KLM. That detour implied a 2-3 times longer trip with arrival in BKK a day later than planned. They then saved on hotels but added on flight costs. I thought I better accept this solution as to discuss options seemed not easy and I was too tired to make a fuss, and would then arrive a day earlier than feared. Those two trips went well; I narrowly managed transfer in AMS, but my luggage was not following me. It apparently stayed on in Nairobi; thus I arrived BKK without my luggage. It only arrived there with KQs own flight the following day. I had in the meantime postponed and rebooked my onwards tickets with Vietnam Airlines who of course could not sent my luggage with me as it had not yet arrived Bangkok. However VN did a great job to retrieve it and eventually submitted it to my private address in Vietnam upon an extra days await - and some ongoing actions from my side. Not to the benefit of Kenya Airways…
1707466792031.png

Kigali loungen har en lidt tynd bar, men masser af fyldte ølskabe...
Maden er fin, masser af varme retter, snacks m.m.

Flight 1 KGL-NBO
Apart from the delay, it was a fine trip on a well occupied B737-800. Lounge in Kigali was accessed through my Flying Blue Gold Card and was a pleasure. Food is good, including several hot dishes and savory snacks. Drink options are very sparse but well stocked. As usual, gate calls in Kigali are done way too early and even before arriving aircrafts have landed. If adhered to, one would sit in the dull gate area for 1-2 hours instead of enjoying the lounge to a maximum. Thus, I refused to be chased out of lounge early as there were no reason to rush for nothing. Boarding easy. Onboard, I got my wanted seat and preordered seafood-meal. Wines onboard are drinkable as compared to those served in the lounge.

Flight 2 NBO-AMS
Dreamliner aircraft, a bit worn. On time. Flight was not full; I was given three seats to flat out as I was deprived sleep struggling in the airport the previous night. Flight crew were very good. Two full meal servings with options and 3 full drink rounds was sufficient. Additional drinks provided in galley. IFE is OK, nothing extraordinary and very small screens. Headsets provided. Flight was on slow speed for cost saving issues and we arrived 1/2 hour late despite having left early. Transfer in Amsterdam bearable, no immigration checks while transiting non-Schengen. Only security consumed time. Lounge 52 is good as always.

Flight 3 AMS-KLM
Lounge 52 in non-Schengen terminal is spacious and good as always. Boarding effective. Huge, spacious, B777-300, fully loaded with passengers. Noisy aircraft. Got an acceptable seat. On time. The issue with KLM is the poor onboard catering and drink service. And, the surly, patronising, despotic, and arrogant staff. Passengers are de facto humiliated and treated like pigs in a pigstall. Nothing is allowed, seatbelts always on as to minimise their work. Nothing extra given or special provided for anybody. There is no recognition of frequent flyer status, even elite passengers. KLM need to up their game and renew the ageing stewardesses, though it seems too late. Hardly any drink rounds and always disallowed to order two drinks while finally being addressed. On a 10 hours flight we were offered meals only 2 times. First drink round was after 3 hours since take-off, way after the first meal service elapsed. Food of low quality and without any true options. Breakfast inedible. IFE OK, WiFi must be paid for; internet works with some hiccups, though. Call bells not answered and even if so, you are getting a rude, cold attitude slammed in your face so you regret to have called them, as anything appears to be too much of a trouble. The crew despise their clients and elite fliers are not getting any premium. The staff appear consistently to be of Dutch origin and appear like a mafia together. Blood infusion is needed and respect for passengers is far, far away. Never any honest smile, no charm, no joy, no jokes to break the ice. KLM has a long way to go compared with its colleagues on Kenya Airways and Air France.

KLM. Economy 4/10
Flew AMS-BKK 5th Feb. 2024 as a partial result of a rerouting by Kenya Airways. Ticket issued by KLM and paid by Kenya Airways. Came from Nairobi by Kenya Airways. Transfer in Amsterdam was in a narrow timeslot, but bearable and fairly fast: no immigration checks transiting as both destinations are non-Schengen. Only security consumed time. Boarding effective. Huge, spacious, B777-300, fully loaded with passengers. Lounge 52 in non-Schengen terminal is spacious and good as always.

Noisy aircraft. Got an acceptable seat. On time. The issue with KLM is the poor onboard catering and drink service. And, the surly, patronising, despotic, and arrogant staff. Passengers are de facto humiliated and treated like pigs in a pigstall. Nothing is allowed, seatbelts always on as to minimise their work. Nothing extra given or special provided for anybody. There is no recognition of frequent flyer status, even elite passengers. KLM need to up their game and renew the ageing stewardesses, though it seems too late. Hardly any drink rounds and always disallowed to order two drinks while finally being addressed. On a 10 hours flight we were offered meals only 2 times. First drink round was after 3 hours since take-off, way after the first meal service elapsed. Food of low quality and without any true options. Breakfast inedible. IFE OK, WiFi must be paid for; internet works with some hiccups, though. Call bells not answered and even if so, you are getting a rude, cold attitude slammed in your face so you regret to have called them, as anything appears to be too much of a trouble. The crew despise their clients and elite fliers are not getting any premium. The staff appear consistently to be of Dutch origin and appear like a mafia together. Blood infusion is needed and respect for passengers is far, far away. Never any honest smile, no charm, no joy, no jokes to break the ice. KLM has a long way to go compared with its colleagues on Kenya Airways and Air France.

Vietnam Airlines Business Class 8/10
Bangkok via Hanoi to Hue in Vietnam February 2024. A321 aircrafts, both on time. Due to Lunar New Year, the flights were full, only business class had some seats left. Interline desk in BKK refused to issue my BP earlier than 3 hours early for departure. This issue did fortunately not bother the Skyteam lounge who accepted me with pleasure based on my ticket and status.
1707467022465.png

The BKK Skyteam lounge is improving, now with semi-champagne and a good, varied buffet. Could improve with a bar, a noodle station, and longer opening hours. My arriving luggage was delayed and had not yet arrived in BKK from my previous flights. As it was already checked in to Vietnam, the airline took fully charge to retrieve it for me. However, I had to depart BKK without my suitcase onboard. I made a PIR report in Hanoi and VN traced it for me in the following hours. They could transfer it to me a day later, as they had to wait for it to arrive in BKK first. They succeeded well, informed me well, and a day upon arrival in Hue it was delivered effectively and free of charges to my residence by motorcycle.

1707467129172.png
1707467158119.png
1707467192435.png

Both flights had ten passengers of 16 seats available in business class. Seats were huge and comfortable. New Year dragon decorations in the aircrafts and in the Lotus lounge in Hanoi was a nice touch, well timed and well done. Welcome drinks (incl.champagne) on the 1st leg. Onboard, I was pampered well by the kind, respectful, and proactive staff: champagne, wine, four kind of beers and hot meals with three options. New type of icecoffe served as a new signature drink, “cloud coffee”. The FAs encouraged me to try out everything catered. They were proud to show me that VN business class catering has now improved significantly on this regional flights. Two FAs were assigned for business class alone; they were extremely attentive, polite, proactive, informative, fast, appeared very pleased, and were and truly pampering for each individual. I was titulated Sir throughout. No individual IFE and no WiFi for these short flights.
1707467305398.png
1707467314382.png
1707467333687.png

The domestic Lotus Lounge is huge and delivers a lot; it is a good asset for the airline. The domestic leg was fine as well - surprised to see that now also hot food/snacks are offered. I had pork satays with noodles and salad. In Hue airbridge debarking was pleasant. The luggage issue arisen from previous flights was handled well by VN, who traced it and delivered it at my doorstep the following morning.
1707467381473.png
1707467403959.png

1707467441173.png
1707467463865.png
1707467488925.png

1707468714413.png
1707467517186.png

Last edited:

rsimon

Medlem
@Remington Steele og @rsimon : er Marquis de Sade noget at hænge i julegranen? Navnet lyder dyrt og den smagte godt. Herligt at VN re-introducerer rigtig champagne og gode vine på regionale flights. På domestic må man nøjes med øl, men der er altid 3-5 forskellige mærker at prøve af...
Tänka sig, jag drack markisens champagne 2013 (vanlig brut) och hittade ett litet notat:

Den smakar föredömligt. I det närmaste perfekt i sin prisklass; torr men inte sur eller stickig. Balanserad, ovanligt fyllig smak och med fin mousse. Nyhet i beställningssortimentet på Systembolaget. Markisens piskor är ganska frånvarande.

Toppen