Senaste nytt

Kan detta betyda att USA öppnar upp?

Status
Stängd för vidare inlägg.

LPC123

Medlem

BA and Virgin Atlantic put aside rivalry for return of leisure flights to US
BA flight BA001 – a number previously reserved for Concorde – and Virgin flight VS3 will take off from London Heathrow
on parallel runways for New York’s JFK airport at 8.30am, more than 600 days since the US travel ban was introduced.

The two jets will then fly in tandem to JFK. “Over the last 18 months, I’ve done things with people I thought I’d never do.
Cooperation in a crisis like Covid is vital,” says BA’s chief executive.
But then he pauses and adds that the moment the two jets land in JFK “it will be back to competition, taking each other on as usual. It will be intense.”

BA and Virgin Atlantic put aside rivalry for return of leisure flights to US | Airline industry | The Guardian

Press Release: British Airways | COMING TO AMERICA: BRITISH AIRWAYS AND VIRGIN ATLANTIC CELEBRATE US REOPENING WITH HISTORIC FIRST EVER DUAL TAKE-OFF FROM LONDON TO NEW YORK

Take off live :)
2DCE5907-4231-4D05-BA6A-1B7656E98DC5.png
2DCE5907-4231-4D05-BA6A-1B7656E98DC5.png

Homer

Medlem
För den som vill fördjupa sig :)

“3, 2, 1… Now!” The story behind Heathrow’s parallel runway take-off - NATS Blog
Ady Dolan Air Traffic Controller:
But why exactly is it so uncommon, and what does it take operationally to pull it off?
Discussions between NATS, Heathrow, British Airways and Virgin started way back in May of this year in the hope of a US reopening sometime over the summer. While that didn’t happen, we kept the plans on ice until last month once it became clear things were moving in a positive direction.

Status
Stängd för vidare inlägg.
Toppen